There are so many burger joints in Melbourne to choose from. That's definitely not a complaint — I'm grateful for this blessing — but sometimes it can be hard to decide on a place to enjoy a plate (or two, no judgment here) of burger deliciousness. But don't worry: I've narrowed the choices down for you. Here's a list of the top five burgers in Melbourne.

Warning: this article will make you hungry and you will end up craving at least one of these burgers. Proceed.

1. Royal Stacks

Say cheese! This Triple Patty Saint paired with cheesy fries are true royalty. Inspired by America's Shake Shack, Royal Stacks' juicy beef patties are out of this world. What's more? They also have doughnut and waffle stacks served with frozen custard for dessert. You can find them at Collins Street CBD, Brunswick, and Chadstone.

2. Mr. Burger

Meet Mr. Double: he's got everything we need — times two. Double the beef, double the bacon, double the cheese, and double the happiness. Mr. Burger is Melbourne's it burger, with an impressive seven food trucks and three stores. So don't worry about having to travel far to enjoy their burgers. Mr. Burger will see you now.

3. Vegie Bar

Don't get me wrong: I love my meat. But it never hurts to get your veg on every now and then! This Mushroom Burger is the bomb-dot-com. Vegie Bar is located in Fitzroy and has a killer menu. Everything here is vegetarian or vegan, raw, and delicious, with hands down the best veggie burgers in Melbourne. Tasty for the tummy, good for the soul.

4. New York Minute 

If you're looking for the classic, good ol' burgers... this one is for you! This New Jersey Burger will take you right to the Garden State. How smoking is that smokey bacon?! You can find New York Minute in Carlton, Moonee Ponds, and Williamstown. Their burgers will keep you coming back for sure; one visit just wouldn't be enough.

5. Matcha Mylkbar 

Last but not least, check out this soy chicken burger. What's that bun made of, you may ask? Take a wild guess... Matcha! It doesn't get much funkier than that. Plus, Matcha Mylkbar's beachy, bouncy vibe will totally satisfy your Instagram aesthetic. Located in St Kilda, you can hit the sun and sand after you enjoy this healthy and tasty burger.

These are not your ordinary, everyday burgers, and I can guarantee that they will not disappoint. Melbourne isn't just awesome for coffee—our buns are phenomenal, too. Happy burger-ing.