Whether it's an Aggie staple or a New Army favorite, College Station has a restaurant for every food mood you could have. With the growth of Texas A&M and the surrounding city, new, returning, and former students have more eating options than ever before. Here are our favorites for important occasions, whether you live on-campus, off, or just visit for football weekends.

When you’re craving munchies at 2 am: Gumby's

pizza, pepperoni, sauce, crust, mozzarella, cheese, dough
Photo courtesy of @Taylor Bennett on Flickr

Let’s be honest: After a few too many cups of whatever, you need hot, cheesy, food. Gumby's is a small little pizza place that has got the ultimate hookup.  Just remember that whatever you are ordering, you can never have too much.

What to order: If you are Team Pepperoni, get the Pepperoni Rolls and dunk those bad boys in some ranch. And for the weirdos who are Team Cheese, try their Pokey Stix, which is pizza dough covered in butter, garlic, and mozzarella

#SpoonTip: Go late at night and get 'em hella cheap.

Location: 107 Dominik Dr., College Station, TX 77840 (next door to Whataburger)

When you’re cramming for exams and the library is full: Sweet Eugene’s House of Java

coffee, sweet, milk, cream, cake, dairy product, chocolate
Sara Wong

Sweet Eugene's is a cozy spot to enjoy a cup of coffee or a delicious pastry near Texas A&M. They offer a range of beautifully crafted espresso drinks, shakes, and smoothies, as well as many great eats for any meal of the day.

What to order: Cafe Amore, a delicious and unique raspberry mocha, and cheesecake

#SpoonTip: They're open late during finals week. Perfect for hell week and taking a Friends-esque photo on the couch.

Location: 1702 George Bush Dr. E., College Station, TX 77840 (7 minute drive from Evans)

When you’re sick of Starbucks: Einstein Bros. Bagels

sandwich, cheese
Sydney Eakin

Einstein's is the place to get bagels. With the convenient location on campus, BAE-goals are achievable. If you want to avoid a long line, go for lunch and grab a table so you can keep refilling your coffee.

What to order: Southwest Egg White—egg whites, turkey sausage, pepper jack cheese, tomatillo salsa, and cream cheese

#SpoonTip: Get it on an Everything Bagel with Garden Veggie Shmear. 

Location: Upstairs Sbisa (on campus)

When you’re going on a Tinder date: The Tap

An Aggie staple since 1990, The Tap is the perfect place to meet new people. Great food, drinks, and live music make for first date gold. 

What to orderFried pickles—they have the best in town.

#SpoonTip: Like them on Facebook and check them out on a night when they have live music.

Location: 815 Harvey Rd., College Station, TX 77840 (down the street from the mall)

When you’re craving Mexican: Casa Pachita

rice, pork
Photo courtesy of @Qu Z on Yelp

One of Texas A&M’s newest Mexican restaurants is quickly becoming a favorite. They open early and close late, so even after a long day of studying they’ll be there with your favorites.

What to order: Pachita Plate—a cheese quesadilla, chicken flautas, ground beef nachos, and shredded chicken tostadas.

Location: 2501 S Texas Ave, College Station, TX 77840 (next to 4.0 and Go Tutoring)

When you're craving greasy food: Layne's

toast, sandwich, butter, bread, peanut butter
Photo courtesy of @Vivian L on Yelp

Whether you are Team Cane's or Team Layne's, Layne's is a local business started by Aggies. The debate over these two chicken finger restaurants is serious; the difference between Cane's and Layne's comes down to the sauce. Layne's sauce is just a little bit more flavorful.

What to order: Chicken Sandwich with a side of fries.

#SpoonTip: Get extra sauce!

Location: 106 Walton Dr., College Station, TX, 77840 (the original location)

When you want some ItalianNapa Flats Wood-Fired Kitchen

Caution: this place makes you want to drink wine. Napa Flats is favorited by many for its delicious food and hip atmosphere. From pizza to pasta to steaks to soup and salad, everything is incredible.

What to order: The slightly spicy poblano mac and cheese and the blueberry cobbler.

#SpoonTip: They have an entire gluten-free menu, so be sure to check it out.

Location: 1727 S Texas Ave, College Station, TX 77840 (across the parking lot from Spec's)

When you're craving MediterraneanZatar

salad, pasta, chicken
Sydney Eakin

Some days you just need variety in your diet, and Zatar is the perfect place to switch things up. Zatar is one of the fastest and tastiest places to eat in the MSC, so it is a win-win.

What to order: Chicken Kabob platter, with a side of hummus and pita bread.

Location: Memorial Student Center - Upper Level (on campus)

When you're craving IndianTAZ Indian Cuisine

vegetable, rice, spring rolls, chicken, samosa, sauce
Emily McCann

Even though it’s the only Indian restaurant in town, it’s still some of the best food you can find. They have a lunch buffet, dine-in dinner, and carry-out (for when you're eating alone). You can’t go wrong with any of their curries or samosas.

What to order: Palak Paneer and Vegetable Samosas

#SpoonTip: They also have a food truck for your street food faves (look for it on campus).

Location: 2416 S Texas Ave, College Station, TX 77840 (near Fuzzy’s)

When you're craving AsianJin’s Asian Cafe

spaghetti, pasta, sauce
Photo courtesy of @Samson Loo on Flickr

This little known Asian restaurant across the street from the Physics building has the best Lo Mein in town. They have a cute dining area, and they’re also open late for all your food needs.

What to order: Lo Mein Noodles and Orange Chicken

#SpoonTip: They also have online ordering for pick-up and delivery.

Location: 110 Nagle St, College Station, TX 77840 (across from the Physics building)

When you're craving SeafoodSwamp Tails

lobster, seafood, shellfish, crab, fish, goody, shrimp
Sydney Eakin

Swamp Tails is a family- and Aggie-owned cajun restaurant that opened just over a year ago. They’re known most for their crawfish and awesome outdoor patio. Check them out on game days to watch football and drink New Orleans-style cocktails.

What to order: Crawfish Étouffée

Location: 4353 Wellborn Rd, Bryan, TX 77801 (4 minute drive from Northside dorms)

When you’re trying to be healthySalata - College Station

noodle, ramen, curry, beef, salad
Sydney Eakin

Salata is the Chipotle of salads (without the fear of sickness). With so many options, from the type of greens, to all the goodies that go inside, no two salads look the same (unless you and your best friend are into that). If you are not feeling a salad, they have wraps and soups too.

What to order: The Build Your Own salad, always add croutons.

#SpoonTip: Try the Fat-Free Sundried Tomato Dressing 'cause it is bomb.

Location: 1907 Texas Ave., College Station, TX 77840 (near Hobby Lobby)

When you’re trying to be romanticCafé Eccell

pizza, ham, bacon
Katherine Kaitson

One of the nicest places in town, Café Eccell is the best place for a nice dinner or anniversary date. With amazing Mediterranean food, a huge wine list, and a full bar, you have to make sure you make a reservation on a weekend night.

What to order: The Rosie—grilled chicken and penne pasta mixed into a tomato, roasted garlic, and rosemary cream sauce

Location: 4401 S Texas Ave, Bryan, TX 77840 (down the street from Northpoint Crossing)

When your parents are visiting and they’re footing the billChristopher’s World Grille

Sydney Eakin

This is definitely a place to impress your parents on their visit to Aggieland. They’re great for brunch, dinner, and bragging to your friends.

What to order: Crepes Newburg—shrimp, crab, spinach, and mushroom crepes with a shrimp bisque-sherry sauce

Location: 5001 Boonville Rd., Bryan, TX 77802 (12 minute drive from campus, cross over Hwy 6)

When you’re “doing it for the Insta:” Blackwater Draw Brewing Co.

waffle, peach
Emily McCann

There isn't a Sunday morning that goes by that Blackwater Draw isn't packed with brunch-goers. Home to the best mimosas in town (and the best Chicken and Waffles, ever) this is the place for bomb-ass Insta pictures. If you go at night, anything on the menu is worth an order.

What to order: Chicken & Waffles brunch. Anything covered in cheese.

#SpoonTip: If you're 21, a beer sampler is a must.

Location: 303 Boyett St, College Station, TX 77840 (Northgate, next to Traditions)

When you’re craving something sweetThe Chocolate Gallery

chocolate, cake
Photo courtesy of @The Chocolate Gallery of B/CS on Facebook

Set in Downtown Bryan, this little Mom and Pop chocolate shop is best known for their custom cakes and cookies (usually in Aggie style). They also have delicious macarons and a wide variety of chocolate treats.

What to order: Any flavor of their French macarons—especially the Earl Grey.

#SpoonTip: This is the place to go if you need a specialty cake made.

Location: 211 N. Main Street, Bryan, TX 77803 (Downtown Bryan, 15 minute drive from campus)

When you turn 21Dixie Chicken

coffee, beer, pizza, tea
Sarah Klaus

The most iconic bar in College Station is a must for any student that comes to Texas A&M. Make this your first stop on your Northgate bar hop. Be sure to come back and do your Ring Dunk here, too.

What to order: Freddy Burger, a cold beer, and carve your name in the wood. Come back at night for a full bar and great country music.

Location: 307 University Dr, College Station, TX 77801 (Northgate, main strip)

When you’re craving a sliceAntonio’s Pizza

pizza, crust, pepperoni
Katherine Kaitson

A small hole-in-the-wall pizza place where you can order by the slice. This means you can order the Sicilian Pepperoni and the Beef Taco and the Potato slice for less than $10.

What to order: Beef Taco slice

#SpoonTip: You can build your own pizza and order it by the slice.

Location: 104 College Main, College Station, TX 77840 (Northgate, across the street from Northside dorms)

When you’re trying to watch the game12 Rooftop Bar & Lounge

tea, beer, pizza, coffee, wine
Photo courtesy of @12 Northgate on Facebook

As one of Northgate’s newest bars, 12 offers a great view of College Station from their balcony lounge and TVs to watch the game. On any given game night, this place is packed with red ass Aggies who know how to celebrate a win.

What to order: $2 drinks on Wednesdays

#SpoonTip: Go upstairs for a great view and TVs for game nights.

Location: 209 University Dr, College Station, TX 77840 (across the street from Hullabaloo hall)

When you’re hungoverHullabaloo Diner

french toast, toast, maple syrup, syrup
Emily McCann

College Station’s own famous little diner, Hullabaloo’s is a hangover cure heaven. From the abundance of breakfast foods to the best Bread Pudding you’ve ever had, the drive to Wellborn is well worth it.

What to order: Biscuits and Gravy, Pancakes, Kitchen Omelet, French Toast, or the Bread Pudding

#SpoonTip: Guy Fieri loved the Roman Sausage Sandwich on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Location: 15045 Fm 2154 Rd., College Station, TX 77845 (15 minute drive from campus, but it's worth the gas money)

When you want to check out live musicHurricane Harry’s

A photo posted by mereeee26 (@mereeee26) on

It’s nearly fact that every up and coming Texas country star has performed at Hurricane Harry’s. As well as the unknowns, they also have bigger stars perform here. With a huge dance floor, full bar, and daily drink special, it’s the go-to place on Thursday nights.

What to order: $3.50 Hurricanes

#SpoonTip: Aggie Rings get in free on Saturdays until 11pm; Check their Facebook for upcoming events.

Location: 313 College Ave, College Station, TX 77840 (conveniently located behind IHOP, so you can sober up afterwards)