After hearing many whispers about the wonders of BirchTree Bread Company, a quaint coffee shop in Worcester, members of the HC Spoon team went to see what all the talk was about. Having tasted every toast on the menu (literally), we came to the conclusion that there is truly a toast for everyone. Here are our recommendations:

The Homebody: Country Bread

birchtree

Photo by Kristin Lane

This toast is perfect for the friend that’s always looking for a taste of home. With Vermont butter and raspberry jam, this one brings back memories of quick breakfasts by mom before catching the bus. The bread is simple, but savory and blends well with the sweetness of the jam.

The Adventurous One: Seeded Rye

birchtree

Photo by Caroline Morano

Here’s one for the risk taker in the group. Coated in cranberry-orange cream cheese, this seeded rye toast is a surprising mix for your tastebuds. Though different from the average toast, you will not regret this flavor explosion. The cream cheese is pretty rich, so come hungry.

The Classic Athlete: Coriander Raisin

birchtree

Photo by Caroline Morano

This one is a new take on an old favorite for athletes. The fresh bananas on top of the house-made peanut butter are reminiscent of a quick pre-practice snack. BirchTree adds a sprinkle of toasted wheat germ to give this classic toast some extra texture and protein.

The Health Nut: Whole Wheat Flax & Toasted Oat

birchtree

Photo by Caroline Morano

We all have that friend who gets a salad at every meal. While this toast is certainly not carb-free, the simple combination of Vermont butter and local honey makes this one worth it. The energy you’ll get from the toasted oat and wheat flax provides a great start to your day.

The Breakfast Connoisseur: Olive & Herb

birchtree

Photo by Kristin Lane

The drizzle of EVOO on top of house-made feta cheese brings this olive and herb toast to a whole new level. This toast combines creamy and crunchy to create a culinary masterpiece that only a breakfast expert can fully appreciate.

Overall, BirchTree Bread Company has something for everyone. Not a toast fan? BirchTree offers plenty of pastries, granola and yogurt bowls, and lunchtime specials. Try pairing one of these toasts with BirchTree’s famous coffees and you’ll have a dining experience you won’t soon forget.

Check out these articles for more toast ideas: