"Wait, we have a Farmer's Market?" - most students at Cornell.

The Farmer's Market at Cornell  is a hidden gem that has been running on our very own campus since 2010. This student-run market is held every Thursday from 11-2 pm on the Ag-Quad during the early fall and late spring seasons (weather permitting).

The farmer's market offers a huge variety of food vendors to choose from, so ditch the dining hall and come check it out.

beer, cake, tea, coffee
Abby Galyon

Hungry for something other than Trillium? Check out Sadya Snacks, a stand dedicated to bringing food from the streets of India to the streets of Ithaca. They serve up dosas and creamy hot chai, which are perfect for a chilly fall day.

beer
Abby Galyon

In the mood for something sweet? Check out the Whalecat Donut  stand and try their famous Rosemary Sugar donuts. If they run out early (which happens almost every week), don't fret! Whalecat has a variety of other delicious donut flavors ranging from glazed vanilla to apple fritter.

beer, pumpkin
Abby Galyon

Finish off your donut with something even sweeter. Check out HoneyRock Farm's stand to get a free sample of honey. This locally owned business produces 100% pure, unpasteurized honey.

Bonus: their honey is made to reflect the seasonal changes in pollen, which may help your allergies come early spring. 

tea, beer, coffee
Abby Galyon

Don't forget to pick up some local produce once you've finished your lunch. The market showcases a variety of local farms and student-run associations that offer seasonal produce you can take home. The Society of Horticulture for Graduate Students, pictured above, features hand-picked apples from Cornell's very own orchards

Abby Galyon
beer, grass
Abby Galyon

Dilmun Hill, a student-run farm located next the the orchards, offers a variety of in-season organic produce. They also have weekly work parties at the farm that give students a chance to volunteer in exchange for fresh produce. 

Abby Galyon
tea, coffee
Abby Galyon

Once you've stocked up on enough fruits and veggies, make sure to check out all of the specialty products offered at the market. Be sure to save room for things like jam from Knapp Farm or tea and fruit butters from Cross Creek Farm

cake, beer, birthday cake, wine
Abby Galyon

If you're in the mood for some delicious food or just need to stock up on produce for the week, make sure to stop by the market this Thursday. The last market for this season is 10/13, but don't worry, the spring season starts up in late March/early April.