Uzzuri Deli is a pretty European cafe located on the busy shopping lanes in Janpath. This place has a classic European ambiance and features a fancy menu combining different Chinese and European delicacies.

As you step inside, the first thing that catches your eye is the baker’s refrigerator stocked with freshly baked cakes. The café has two floors, the ground floor enclosed with glass walls is decorated with comfortable couches with a live kitchen view. And the first floor has a bar and can serve as an amazing option to host small private parties.

Uzzuri Deli

Photo by Nilakshi Basumatary

This place is known for its outstanding refreshing cocktails, and trust me, you will regret not ordering one. They have an amazing array of appetizers; I would recommend the Belgian Braised Pork Ribs. It was perfectly cooked with the right amount of apple carrot chutney which complimented the pork very well. But if you are a vegan you can go for Baked Nachos, loaded with scrumptious toppings of mashed beans, broccoli sauce with the classic cream and cheese.

Uzzuri Deli

Photos by Nilakshi Basumatary

Moving on to the main course, I had Lamb Claypot with steamed rice. It was a perfect combination of lamb and mushrooms cooked in spicy soy sauce gravy. You should also try their Lamb Shank as it comes highly recommended. If you are looking for some vegetarian options then you can order Pan Fried Crispy Noodles with Dou Chi Vegetable as the sauce topping or you can go for Chilli Potato and Cottage Cheese Burger.

The dessert section gives the perfect ending to your delectable experience. And it’s not an exaggeration to say that their dessert section is to die for. Being a fan of butterscotch cake I ordered it first and the cake was of another level. It was perfectly caramelized and melted in my mouth leaving a lingering taste of butterscotch cream. It was perfectly moist and not too sweet.

Uzzuri Deli

Photos by Nilakshi Basumatary

Next, I tried Black Velvet cake which had the perfect layering of chocolate and was truly decadent. The Banoffee Pie had the right amount of cream topped with white chocolate and banana and made me love this till the last bite.

Service was exemplary and the staff members were knowledgeable and attentive. The owner of the cafe was amiable and very cooperative which added on to the food experience. So, next time you are in Connaught Place and looking for a gratifying food experience and a fit-for-the-gods bakery section, this cafe should be the first on your priority list.