If you are in Eugene, Oregon this summer and find yourself sitting on the couch and ordering from Caspian all day, sit no further. I swear Eugene is one of the dopest places I’ve ever gone thrifting and have come upon many pieces of vintage ducks gear and some of the flyest Calvin Klein and Levi’s mom jeans of all time. Seriously, if you want to save money and look effortlessly cool, go to the Value Village about 6 minutes away from Autzen Stadium.

thrifting in eugene Hawaiian food the island hut

Photo by Alice Jones

I frequent other thrift stores like St. Vinnie’s and Eugene Jeans, however, Value Village has by far the largest and most diverse inventory. While dragging bags of incredible finds out of the Centennial Boulevard location, The Island Hut located across the parking lot had consistently caught my eye. After passing it several times and being intrigued by the outdoor seating and tropical vibe, my ladies and I decided to go in after an exhausting afternoon of treasure hunting and boy were we satisfied.

Photo by Alice Jones

One of my favorite things in the world is a hotdog cut down the middle and grilled, but it can be surprisingly hard to find. The Island Hut has tons of toppings that you can load on, but personally, I stacked my Italian sausage with onions, sweet relish, kraut and spicy peppers. This dog will truly satiate all of your hot dog cravings and leave you waddling away full and happy.

Photo by Alice Jones

The Island Burger was totally insane! Packed with juicy tangy flavors from the grilled pineapple and bacon, this burger will make up for your need for a tropical vacation. Plus top it off with one of the many condiment options like the Beaver Brand Jalapeño Mustard or Creamy Sriracha Horseradish.

Photo by Alice Jones

This chicken teriyaki was seriously bomb plus comes with dank side options like the mac salad or coleslaw. Everyone also does their own thing with rice and they have got theirs down to perfectly pair with their flavorful meats. Definitely utilize all the sauces they have on deck like the soy sauce and the teriyaki to make it extra saucy.

Photo by Alice Jones

Not only do they have frozen treats like Drumsticks, Otter Pops and frozen fruit bars, but it has Island Donuts with caramel and chocolate dipping sauce. These sweet puffs of heaven are the perfect way to end a summer lunch in the shade and are easy to share with friends.

This is actually the spot so bring your friends for an afternoon snack and shop or stop by for their karaoke on Wednesday and Sunday night. This little plot of paradise is a a great example of some the awesome small spots in area that go hand and hand with another local business to make this city so unique and cohesive. The Island Hut will make a lazy afternoon feel like a budget Hawaiian shopping spree.