Nothing is better than a steaming, late-night calzone from D.P. Dough on Route 1– except maybe the leftovers. If you don’t want to just throw your leftovers on a plate and call it your morning meal, you can transform it into an enviable breakfast entrée. You can use any calzone to whip up a delicious breakfast that will make your roommates wish they had saved their scraps. What did I have leftover? For this recipe, I used the Veggie Zone.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Whatever’s left of your D.P. Dough calzone
1. Cut the calzone in half along the edge.
2. Take out the insides and set them aside.
3. Toast the calzone bread on a medium-high heat. You’ll want to add a little oil or butter to the pan to get a nice golden-brown crisp.
4. Scramble the eggs and put them in a pan over low heat.
5. Add the calzone filling to the pan. Reheat the insides along with the eggs until they are steamy and ready to be added to the toasted calzone crust.
6. Put together your breakfast sandwich!
Still craving calzones? Check these out: