Combining flavors is most of the fun of eating food. Being innovative and experimenting with ideas is often what sets chefs apart or makes a meal memorable. Take a classic waffle, throw on different topping combinations and you might just be the next top chef.  

The Perfect Blend on Main street allows for locals to top their waffles to their hearts desires with more than enough options. Here are the 7 best and most popular topping combinations that you can try to top:

1. Cannoli Filling and Chocolate Chips

chocolate, cake, cream
Colleen Kilburn

Take your classic cannoli and add the modern trendy twist of a warm waffle. The homemade cream is perfect with the chocolate chips and most importantly, it leaves room for seconds or thirds. 

2. Nutella, Banana and Peanut Butter 

ice cream, cream, ice, chocolate, banana, caramel, peanut, peanut butter, whipped cream, waffle
Colleen Kilburn

Instead of eating Nutella straight out of the jar with your finger, now you can spread it on a fresh waffle. Adding some healthy bananas and protein packed peanut butter surprisingly makes this a healthier treat.  

3. Pulled Pork

pork, sauce, cabbage
Colleen Kilburn

I promise, pulled pork is so much tastier than it looks. The lunch menu special will make you forget that you're eating a waffle, which is perfect because you'll be eating them so often. The meat is sauced and seasoned to taste and nothing beats the combined pork and waffle smell.

4. Pumpkin Pie Spread,  Caramel and Walnuts

caramel
Colleen Kilburn

Just when you think you've met your pumpkin quota for the season, think again. Somewhat of an inverted pumpkin pie, this waffle could take over Thanksgiving tables everywhere. 

5. Fluff, Peanuts, Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sauce

chocolate, ice cream, waffle, cream, ice, syrup, sauce, banana
Colleen Kilburn

Just in case a drizzle of peanuts isn't enough for you, TPB has you covered. This combination strongly resembles a s'more but with everyone's favorite nutty flavors on top. Go big or go home on this one.  

6. Bacon, Oreos and Chocolate Sauce

bacon, chocolate, cookie
Colleen Kilburn

Bacon can be somewhat intimidating when it's not on a cheeseburger, but have no fear when it comes to this sweet and savory combination. Don't even question it. This topping combination gives you the best of both worlds.

7. Strawberries and Whipped Cream

cream, sweet, whipped cream, dairy product, cake, chocolate, strawberry, pastry, milk, candy
Colleen Kilburn

Last but not least, this gets as classic as you can get as far as waffle toppings without settling for just maple syrup. This light and airy combination is the perfect addition to any waffle for daring and careful eaters alike.

While you're snapping some Instagrams of your great topping combinations, step it up a notch with coffee-and-waffle combos from the drink menu that The Perfect Blend offers. It should be everyone's goal to try every combination at least once.