After my first year at Santa Clara University, I have thoroughly made my way around the area to find the best Asian desserts around school. Here is a roundup of the yummiest places to satisfy your sweet tooth. 

1. Meet Fresh

Address: 19449 Stevens Creek Blvd, Ste 120, Cupertino, CA 95014

MeetFresh is a Taiwanese dessert shop that sells popular, traditional desserts called "Dou Hua", or tofu pudding, and shaved ice. They also sell a variety of tea drinks, including the famous Taiwanese bubble tea. All of their desserts are freshly made with natural ingredients. If you can't make a trip to Taiwan, definitely try MeetFresh for some authentic Taiwanese desserts. 

2. Bambu

ice
Shizuka Tei

Address: 1688 Hostetter Rd, Ste D, San Jose, CA 95131

Bambu is a Vietnamese-based dessert place serving coffee, fruit smoothies, boba, and most importantly, the traditional Vietnamese dessert called "Chè", a sweet dessert drink or dessert soup that usually consists of various jelly, tapioca, fruit, and coconut milk. Ice is usually added to this dessert, so it's a perfect treat for a hot summer's day. 

3. Honeyberry

Address: 2785 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051

Honeyberry is a dessert shop mainly known for their fresh, warm, roti buns. While the classic roti bun is a customer favorite, this shop pushes their creativity, making fun and yummy versions using whipped cream, ice cream, and fresh fruits. Honeyberry is a mini dessert heaven that'll satisfy your sweet tooth whether you are craving roti buns, bubble tea, gelato, snow shaved ice, or honey toast

4. The Moo Bar

Address: 1080 Kiely Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051

Heard of the water droplet cake? The Moo Bar is the place to try this thirst-quenching dessert. You can also pair your water droplet cake with a cup of colorful, fruity teas and milk teas in their split cups (2 flavors in 1 cup!). If you're in the mood for ice cream, they have an array of Asian flavors like Thai tea, matcha, and ube. Try an instagram-worthy dessert by adding ice cream to their warm egg waffles

5. Matcha Love 

Address: 675 Saratoga Ave, Mitsuwa Marketplace, San Jose, CA 95129

Matcha Love is located in the Japanese supermarket called "Mitsuwa". This shop offers authentic matcha flavored goods, but their matcha soft serve is what the craze is all about. 

6. Icicles

sweet
Kelsey Tillinghast

Address: 1275 Lincoln ave, Ste 1, San Jose, CA 95125

The popular Thai rolled ice cream can be purchased at Icicles. Aside from the classic custard flavor and tea flavors (matcha and Thai milk tea), they have non-dairy fruit flavors and unique ones like Oreo, PB&J, cereal, and avocado, too. Go crazy with the toppings and syrups—you have several to choose from and you can add as many as you desire.

#SpoonTip: Go on your birthday and get a free ice cream!

Enjoy a taste of Asia when you try out these dessert places; they are all worth the visit. You may be surprised to find a number of stores that sell popular Asian desserts—aside from just bubble tea—around Santa Clara University.