You really can’t do San Diego without doing brunch. Lucky for you, we’ve complied a simple starter list of some of the best places to check out.

1. Hash House A Go Go

Brunch Places in San Diego

Photo by Rachael Guerra

In case you weren’t aware, the brunch of dreams is made of fried chicken, biscuits, and ginormous sprigs of Rosemary. The portions at Hash House are HUGE so come hungry or prepare to split with your pals (actually, just come hungry, because splitting is lame). Also, plan on having leftovers for days. Expect friendly service and fabulous mimosa combos. Hash House takes no reservations, so roll out of bed early to get your brunch on ASAP. Or don’t, if you don’t mind waiting.

2. Snooze, an A.M. Eatery

Brunch Places in San Diego

Photo by Samie Acevedo

This place is anything but a snooze—it’s an absolute brunch wakeup call. Nestled in the urban and lively neighbourhood of Hillcrest, Snooze gives off retro diner vibes with excellent service. We suggest going for the Bella Benny and a mug of piping hot coffee to awaken your inner Sunday brunch diva.

3. Werewolf American Pub

A photo posted by Werewolf! (@werewolfsd) on Aug 2, 2015 at 10:22am PDT

This cozy Gaslamp pub is the perfect spot to chow down on a hearty Southwestern-style brunch. We’re talking quesadilla huevos rancheros, hush puppies (a.k.a breakfast balls), country fried steak, and even more scrumptious eats. Enjoy live music with tons of chill, delicious drinks and the best steak scramble in the biz.

4. Cafe 21

After a night you’ll never forget hitting up the Gaslamp, brunch the next morning is a must. Cafe 21 is a hip full-service eatery that has it all; savory or sweet you can’t go wrong. If you go sweet, the Tiramisu Pancakes are like layers of heavenly goodness smothered in Espresso syrup, chocolate sauce and topped with clouds of Mascarpone whip. Thinking of going savory? Any of the Cast Iron Omelets are perfection, but the Braised short rib omelet is highly recommended.

5. The Mission

Fluffy pancakes, Mission Chilaquiles, breakfast burritos—the list is endless!  A cozy little breakfast spot with Latin flare, The Mission in East Village is a must when brunching in San Diego. Great service, awesome food options and great prices you can’t go wrong when you dine at The Mission.