Frosty’s Donuts at 4 am is a must-do on the Bowdoin bucket list (#7). You’ve been awake for too many hours to count, get all the way down there…and you don’t know what to order. Because, frankly, there are just way too many options.

donuts

Photo by Austin Stern

Well, lucky you, we’ve got your back.

The Glazed Twist

donuts

Photo courtesy of examiner.com

The glazed twist is Frosty’s top seller, and it’s not hard to see taste why. It’s a timeless classic, and you know you’re gonna want one of these at 4 am…or anytime really.

The Raised & Glazed

donuts

Photo courtesy of Frosty’s Donuts

The raised donuts have yeast in them (hence the raising, obviously) which makes for a totally different, fluffier interior. Frosty’s has several kinds of raised donuts including chocolate and maple, but whichever one you pick, I promise you won’t regret it. Btw, ever tried to make your own? Check out this recipe to try it yourself!

Coconut Boston Creme/Boston Creme

donuts

Photo courtesy of Frosty’s Donuts

Ok, I know what you’re thinking. Boston creme is about as run-of-the-mill as you get. But, seriously, these are to die for. And ever had it with coconut? If you’re feeling like something outside of the box, try one of these!

Honorable Mention

There were just way too many good flavors to only go with three. So, if you aren’t thrilled with the options above, here are some others to look out for:

Strawberry Frosted:

donuts

Photo courtesy of Frosty’s Donuts

The frosting is homemade with real strawberries, can’t beat it.

Cinnamon bun:

donuts

Photo courtesy of Frosty’s Donuts

Okay, it’s not a donut. But seriously, how’re you gonna say no?

Anything seasonal

Frosty’s often rotates certain flavors. We tried molasses and loved it. Blueberry is another favorite, so much so that it has become a regular. Or if you’re here in the summer, try s’mores:

donuts

Photo courtesy of Frosty’s Donuts

If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try to make your own seasonal donut. Heck, you could even make your donuts out of a waffle iron!

Moral of the story…when it comes to Frosty’s, you can’t go wrong. Be sure to like Frosty’s on Facebook!