There is an eclectic and interesting mix of restaurants and eateries in Saratoga Springs, and they should all be patronized by Skidmore students! Many offer dietary variations and have flexible hours. In addition, many places in town offer students the chance to pay with their Skid cards, which makes them even more convenient! While there are so many places in town worth venturing to, here is a list of the top ten places to eat, especially while on a budget.

1. Putnam Market

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Family-owned Putnam Market is a great place to shop AND eat. It offers a variety of groceries, including many local products. The market also has a little cheese room where you can sample the different flavors, as well as a wine shop. In addition, there is a bakery which offers products goods such as macarons and truffles, and gluten-free options. Lastly, they have the most amazing sandwiches. Since there are many choices, it’s easy to find a sandwich that calls out to you, but it’s hard to pick just one!

Address: 431 Broadway

2. Esperanto

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Esperanto offers a great range of food choices. They have grab-and-go items such as mini veggie burritos, chimichangas, and baked potatoes. They also have their famous Dough Boys, which include a sautéed chicken breast blended with cheeses and scallions, all baked in pizza dough. They offer a vegetarian version as well, called the Dough Girl. Esperanto offers cuisines from all around the world: quesadillas, pizza, falafels, Thai curry, jambalaya, and much more, as well as soups and salads. And they take Skid Cards.

Address: 4 Caroline Street

3. Country Corner Cafe

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Country Corner Cafe is a great place for breakfast or lunch (or the best, brunch). It offers classic breakfast options like omelets, pancakes, and benedicts, but also provides interesting twists and new variations. Some examples include: fried oatmeal, omelet wraps, and an inside-out bagel melt panini. For lunch, the Cafe serves burgers, sandwiches, wraps, and salads. And in case you are not a huge lunch person, they serve breakfast all day!

Address: 25 Church Street

4. Ravenous

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Ravenous Creperie is a terrific place to go eat when you want something a little different. A locally owned, family-run business, it offers a wide variety of sweet and savory crepes. Some examples include: a crepe with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and scallions; another with portobello mushrooms, grape tomatoes, garlic, basil, and mozzarella; and another crepe with a baked Ghiradelli brownie, chocolate sauce, and fresh whipped cream. Ravenous also makes french fries, poutine, and dipping sauces such as sesame miso mayo and mango ginger chutney. It is open for lunch, dinner, and brunch on the weekends.

Address: 21 Phila Street

5. Uncommon Grounds

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Uncommon Grounds Coffee & Tea is a terrific spot for breakfast or lunch; it has specialty coffees roasted fresh every day, as well as smoothies and other drinks. Their bagels are made from scratch daily, and there are so many options for toppings and dressings. They also have soups and baked goods. It can also be a popular study spot- just be aware that it is usually quite crowded.

Address: 402 Broadway

6. Four Seasons

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Four Seasons Natural Foods offers vegan and vegetarian items to eat fresh each day. There is a selection of both hot and cold food to eat, as well as smoothie and shake options. The restaurant and store are separate; at the store, other options include homemade panini sandwiches. It is a healthy place to eat that is also super delicious!

Address: 33 Phila Street

(Store address: 120 Henry Street)

7. Spot Coffee

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

SPoT Coffee provides only in-season coffee that has been recently harvested to provide the freshest beverage. There are numerous options, including espresso, lattes, and java shakes. The SPoT Coffee also serves sandwiches, wraps, pizza, salads, and desserts. And we can’t forget about breakfast- the SPoT serves up lots of great choices, like an egg and bacon breakfast bagel.

Address: 55 Railroad Place

8. Druthers

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Druthers Brewing Company has great food and great beer, as well as an awesome atmosphere with plenty of outdoor seating on its patio. And, it often features live music at night! Its offers classic American dishes such as chicken wings, burgers, and mac & cheeses- but with a twist. Some favorites are the Peanut Butter Burger, the Ugly Burger, and the loaded mac & cheese (pictured above).

Address: 381 Broadway

9. Plum Dandy//Cookies and Milk

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Plum Dandy is a frozen yogurt shop that also offers bubble tea, hot cocoa, smoothies, and more. You choose your own flavors and toppings, and then simply weigh it all at the end to pay. It is an easy (and slightly more guilt-free) dessert or snack option in town! They take Skid Cards as well.

Plum Dandy’s Cookies and Milk sells all kinds of desserts- cookies, brownies, cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches, and more! There are also gluten-free and vegan options. And of course, there is milk, tea, and coffee to drink with your dessert.

Plum Dandy Address: 419 Broadway

Cookies and Milk Address: 55 Railroad Place

10. Triangle Diner

saratoga springs

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Last but not least, Triangle Diner is a must-eat place in Saratoga. It has a truly great diner feel- stools at the counter, white and black checkered floor, family-owned and run, comfortably crowded. And cheap! There is a plethora of breakfast/brunch/lunch menu items, from corned beef hash to biscuits and gravy to benedicts and omelets to burgers.

Address: 400 Maple Avenue

Want to find out other great places to eat in the NY area? Check out these articles:

Ithaca’s Best Kept Secret: Winter Farmers Market

Hot Spots for a Hot First Date in Binghamton

7 Incredible New York Foods You Can’t Find in New York City