Over the last couple of years, several cat cafes have opened up around the U.S., but last month, former K-Pop star Sarah Wolfgang opened the U.S.’s first ever dog cafe in Los Angeles.

Dog

Photo courtesy of @thedogcafe_la on Instagram

To visit The Dog Cafe, they ask that you make a reservation ahead of time. When you get there, you will pay $10 for an hour of playtime with the pups as well as a complimentary cup of coffee, tea, or lemonade (you can also upgrade your drink of choice for a surcharge).

Once you get your drink, you can head over to their doggie lounge, which will have 8-14 dogs at any given time. Although they do not currently allow food, they do offer dog treats that you can give to your canine friends.

Dog

While an hour roaming around a room full of dogs may sound like heaven, The Dog Cafe isn’t just meant to please all the dog lovers out there. Ultimately, the cafe’s goal is to help out the dog population. First of all, they get their organic, fair-trade coffee from Grounds and Hounds as well as Dogs Drink Coffee, two companies who donate a portion of their profits to animal shelters.

The Dog Cafe also help homeless dogs get adopted. The cafe houses dogs from local animal shelters so that the puppies can meet people in a relaxed, open environment rather than in a high-stress, cramped shelter. They choose dogs that have previously been abused or neglected because these dogs “would benefit from the socialization and exposure our cafe has to offer.”

Dog

They hope to show people that “With the right love and care, even the most neglected dogs can become the most valued member of any family.” Not only is this experience more enjoyable for the dogs, but it also makes the adoption process easier and smoother.

Dog

Wolfgang actually got the idea from similarly structured dog cafes in Korea, where she grew up; however, these cafés were run by breeders who sold purebred dogs for a profit. Wolfgang, who has always been actively involved in animal rescue, wanted her cafe to serve a better cause.

“The Dog Cafe’s mission is simple. We want to provide a second chance for shelter dogs that are often overlooked,” she says. “The Dog Cafe is going to put a spin on the way people adopt by totally reinventing the way we connect with homeless dogs.”

Dog

But you don’t have to be looking to adopt in order to visit. As their website says, the cafe will happily “offer the opportunity for people unable to have pets of their own to spend quality time with furry friends.”

Hopefully more dog cafes will open up around the U.S., but until then, you will either have to make a trip to LA or just check out their dogs online.