It’s Thanksgiving, baby! And for those of you who may be away from home this Thanksgiving, it’s about that time of year where you start feeling homesick and missing your friends and family. But most importantly, you miss the food.

As you’re reading this, you can just smell the turkey wafting from the kitchen. A heaping pile of fluffy yet hearty mashed potatoes being passed around. Warm, crisp apple and pumpkin pies just calling you to take just one more bite... maybe two... or three. Plate after plate of food is being passed around before your eyes.

Whether you’re a student who can’t justify paying for a Thanksgiving flight back home or a local Las Vegan who doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of cooking for hours, here’s where you can go in Las Vegas to get that taste of Thanksgiving at home.

chicken, sauce
Helena Lin

1. ANY Buffet

If you’re looking to get that “eat until you can’t eat no more” feeling, or want seconds, thirds, fourths, and more, then look no further than going to a famous Las Vegas buffet. Pretty much every hotel will have all the Thanksgiving fixings, trimmings, and more sweets than you can get if you went home. Not feeling it? No problem—choose from all the usual buffet offerings as well.

If you have a little extra holiday cash to spare, treat yourself to one of the nicer, but a little pricier buffets like The Buffet at Wynn, Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace, or The Buffet at Bellagio.

A little tighter on the budget but have lots of room in your stomach (and pants) to spare? Check out these great buffets as well: Paradise Buffet at Fremont, Feast Buffet at Green Valley Ranch, and Carnival World and Seafood Buffet at Rio.

2. STK

pizza
Jasmine Lim

STK is for those looking for a high-energy atmosphere to accompany your Thanksgiving meal. This restaurant is a modern Las Vegas steakhouse with a bustling bar scene and sexy vibe created by the in-house DJ. It offers a flirty take on the classic American steakhouse. This Thanksgiving, for $52 per person, they will be serving items like confit thighs and a pumpkin praline tart.

3. Smith and Wollensky Steakhouse

If you’re looking for that classic all American Thanksgiving meal, then look no further than S&W. Enjoy a Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends at a reasonable prix-fixe menu price of $65 per adult and $29 per child. The regular Dinner Menu will also be available for those craving something more in the steak department.

4. Bazaar Meat by José Andrés

If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous on Thanksgiving, check out Bazaar Meat by José Andrés at SLS Las Vegas where you can order from the regular menu or select a prix-fixe menu ($85 per person, $75 for locals). Enjoy the Croquetas de Pavo (Turkey-béchamel fritters), Spiced Cranberries with Confit mandarins and Ceylon cinnamon, finished with a Pumpkin Tart.

5. Michael Mina

For those willing to spend a little extra on treating yourself, look no further than Michael Mina at the Bellagio. For a cool $115 indulge and experience the Chef’s Thanksgiving Menu, complete with: Butternut squash soup (with shaved truffle), a Lobster pot pie, a choice from Traditional Turkey, Wagyu Rib Eye, or Chilean Sea Bass, finished with a root beer float or spiced pumpkin cake. 

6. Lawry's The Prime Rib

Eve Nam

Just don’t feel like cooking for hours? Lawry’s is not only famous for its prime rib, but also offers some hearty, classic Thanksgiving meals to-go that you can enjoy with friends and family at home. So if you’ve got some meat lovers who aren’t all about the turkey on Turkey Day, Lawry’s is the place to go.

7. Buca di Beppo

Maybe you just want to get a taste of Thanksgiving without breaking the bank? Check out Buca di Beppo serving this classic American feast with an Italian twist

The menu features classical items like sliced white meat turkey, homestyle gravy, spicy Italian sausage stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and more. The restaurant has dine in options as well: Individual $20, Small $60 - Serves 3, Large $120 - Serves 6.

The great thing about Las Vegas is that you can find just about any food from anywhere. I would be surprised if a hotel, casino, or restaurant wasn’t serving a Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving. So rest assured, while in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving, there’s no shortage of turkey or fighting with your crazy relatives on who gets the last slice of pie.

No matter where you are, share it with your family and friends no matter where you go to eat. Most importantly, be thankful for the food, and the people and family that prepared your food and are able to share their love with you. Happy Thanksgiving!