If I could pick anywhere in the world to travel to, it would be Los Angeles. From the celebrities to the shopping, LA has got it all. With that being said, it should come as no surprise that the highlights of my trips to LA often include some amazing restaurants.

Here are my top restaurant picks that you need to visit, whether it's your first time or your 50th time in LA.

Joan's On Third

This was the first restaurant I visited in LA, and I go back every time I'm in the city. Joan's is a marketplace-style restaurant, where you can visit a variety of different food stations. If you're just in the market for a few miscellaneous items, Joan's also has a section where you can pick up some groceries.

Be sure to keep your eye out for celebs, as stars such as Reese Witherspoon have been spotted here.

My recommendations: the Scottish Smoked Salmon with a cold brew coffee

The Griddle Café

cake
Melissa Hoffman

I have never seen a menu that has more options than the Griddle Cafe's. Their extensive menu features every variation of breakfast food imaginable, ranging from Nutella-stuffed french toast to Oreo-filled pancakes. This restaurant will have anyone with a sweet tooth hooked.

My recommendation: the Red Velvet pancakes

Tender Greens

A photo posted by jenhen66 (@jenhen66) on

Tender Greens has become an LA staple, with 13 locations throughout the city. I like to describe Tender Greens as gourmet fast food, because technically, it is fast food but these salads doesn't taste like the generic ones you can pick up at Freshii. I wish they opened more locations nationally, but my wallet is happy they haven't.

My recommendations: the Chipotle Barbecue Chicken salad with the seasonal veggies

California Donuts

peanut, peanut butter, chocolate, butter, cookie
Melissa Hoffman

You don't even need to taste these donuts to know that they are unreal. California Donuts has every donut flavour you can imagine and more, including bacon glazed donuts, and they're open 24 hours, so your donut craving will never go unsatisfied!

My recommendation: the Blueberry Toast Crunch specialty donut

Urth Caffé

A photo posted by Thompson Lu (@veridusquo) on

Urth is an LA classic, and rightfully so. The atmosphere here is so chill that it seems like such a great place to meet up with friends and relax — forget Starbucks! Urth is famous for their coffee and other drinks, but they also have a full food menu featuring panini, salads and pizza that all are to die for. 

My recommendation: the Spanish Latte Granita (I prefer it blended)

In-N-Out Burger

Does this one even need an explanation? In-N-Out is hyped around LA for having one of the best fast food burgers — as well as a secret menu that can't be beat. Whether you want a quick bite to eat or some drunk food, In-N-Out has to be one of the restaurants you visit while in LA.

My recommendation: Grilled cheese, Animal Style fries and a chocolate milkshake

Real Food Daily

This vegan and organic restaurant totally falls within the classic LA health nut aesthetic. Although Real Food Daily serves healthy food, they are not lacking in taste whatsoever. The service is also amazing, and you can always count on the waiters to point you in the right direction of an unreal meal.

My recommendation: the Not-chos

There are so many unreal restaurants in LA, but these are some of my go-to's when I touch down in the City of Angels. If you're looking for an unforgettable meal, you should 100% check these out.