If you're like me, you get to the airport early with plenty of time to spare since you have a fear of missing your flight. Or maybe the security lines are shorter than expected and the Uber took half the time you thought it would. When this happens and you have excess time in the airport, most travelers opt to eat. In a huge airport like Hartsfield-Jackson, there are so many terminals and restaurants that it can be intimidating. This article offers a terminal-by-terminal guide of where to eat in the airport. 

Terminal T

bread
Hannah Mayblum

If you're in Terminal T, stop by Goldberg's Bagels and Deli. While Goldberg's can never match New York's famed bagels, they have the closest that I have ever seen in the Atlanta area. If you are in the mood for something heavier, Grindhouse Killer Burgers offers juicy burgers with an abundance of toppings. 

Terminal A

frozen yogurt, caramel, chocolate, ice, sweet, milk, cream
Julia Kaplowitz

In Terminal A, Varasano's Pizzeria is the place to eat. Their thin-crust pizzas are super good, especially for airport food. If you're looking for something lighter, the Pinkberry in Terminal A serves up frozen yogurt with a variety of toppings from fruit to chocolate. 

Terminal B

Stop by Café Intermezzo in Terminal B for crepes, salads, pastas, and—best of all—breakfast all day. This cute Italian eatery is bound to amaze you. Don't forget to order the cheesecake, it's definitely worth a try.

Terminal C

The Original El Taco serves up an array of fresh tacos and Tex-Mex dishes like their traditional grilled veggie fajitas. They also offer dishes with a southern flair like fried chicken burritos, which are definitely worth a try. Also, an honorable mention in terminal C is Chick-fil-A, which is known for its chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches and secret Chick-fil-A sauce.

Terminal D

In Terminal D, you can find Food Network Kitchen, a small café/sandwich shop that makes gourmet sandwiches that can be eaten on the go. Sponsored by the Food Network, some of the sandwiches offered include an artisan grilled cheese with cheddar and bacon and a roast chicken BLT.

Also in Terminal B is Mustard Seed BBQ, which has a delicious pulled pork sandwich you wouldn't expect to find in an airport. If you're there, order the mac n cheese. You can't not do it. 

Terminal E

One Flew South is the unquestioned star of Terminal E. It has been listed in the top 10 airport restaurants for its upscale atmosphere and undeniably fresh sushi. Not only do they have sushi, but their salads, sandwiches, and cooked fish are also on par with established restaurants. 

Terminal F

Lastly, Terminal F is the home of Ecco, a European restaurant serving Italian and Mediterranean dishes. Their homemade mozzarella and pasta is what draws people in, but their desserts are what keep you going back. The butterscotch budino is so worth the calories.    

While you may be used to typical airport food and pack your own snacks, it's worth it to come a little early for your flight and dine in at one of these restaurants. Whether for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, there are plenty of places you can find a meal at Hartsfield-Jackson that are better than your average airport food.