Late-night restaurants are absolutely essential in college. Whether you've got the drunchies, the munchies, or you're just really feelin' some food, it's always super disappointing to find out that nothing really seems to be open at one in the morning.

For the greater good of all of Bloomington's 20-somethings, I did a little research. Next time you want to stuff your face at 2 am, take a quick look at this guide for the full spread of late-night restaurants in town. 

Mother Bear's

I don't care what time of day it is, Mother Bear's is a must if you're in Bloomington. Its pizza has been voted the 4th best in the country. This joint serves pizza, bread sticks, pasta, salads, and subs. Mother Bear's is open from 11 am to 1 am — next time you need some late night pizza, give the Big Cheese a try.

Dagwood's Deli & Sub Shop

Conveniently located right around the corner from Kilroy's on Kirkwood, Dagwood's Deli is your classic sub/sandwich shop. When you inevitably hit the sauce too hard at KOK, make the short walk to Dagwood's to soak up that magic juice. You can find a sub to ease your pain between the hours of 10:30 am and 3 am on Fridays and Saturdays, 10:30 am and 1 am all other days.

The Tap

Let's all take a moment to drool at the masterpiece that is the Lobster Mac 'n Beer Cheese Burger, because holy moly. I speak from experience when I say that it is the best burger that I've ever had, period.

The Tap, open from 11 am to 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays (11 am - 1 am all other days), serves casual food, craft and imported brews, and live music. If you're looking for something to do late at night but don't want to get super turnt at a bar, this is your spot.

Kilroy's Dunnkirk

Why leave the bar for ooey, gooey greasy pizza when you could just get it at the bar? Dunnkirk has pizza, sandwiches, and calzones that you can toss back along with your Peach Taaka. Who needs to carb-load before when you can just do it at the same time? Not you, my friend.

Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings, more often referred to as Bdubs, is a staple in the college diet. Their wings — both boneless and bone-in — never, ever disappoint, and the appetizers are to die for. Stop in between 11 am and 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays, and 11 am to 1 am all other days.

Taco Bell

I personally refer to Taco Bell as "Taco Hell" because it is just... so bad. I mean, Chipotle makes it look like garbage. And yet, here I am, including it for all of you Taco Hell-lovers. It's open from 7 am to 5 am Thursday through Saturday, 7 am to 3 am all other days. Stop in to get yourself seven grease-bomb tacos to go with the 7 shots in your stomach.

Qdoba

Now this is what non-authentic Mexican food should look and taste like. Also conveniently located just around the corner from KOK, Qdoba is the perfect late-night pick. Grab yourself a chicken burrito between 6:30 am and 6 am Thursday through Saturday, 6:30 am to 1 am all other days, and rejoice because guac is free.

Nick's English Hut

Open from 11 am to 2 am Thursdays through Saturdays, 11 am to 1 am all other days, Nick's is famous for their "Sink the Biz" french fries as well as their homemade pizzas. Located just across the street from KOK, those fries will be calling your name next time you drink yourself to an alcohol baby.

The Big Cheeze

Although there is no guarantee that the truck will be out, The Big Cheeze food truck is usually open from 11 am to 3:30 am. Parked within a block or two of Kilroy's, the Mac Daddy will likely be calling your name before and after a few shots.

Aver's Pizza

Aver's, in my opinion, is the most underrated pizza in Bloomington. With great deals and seriously unbelievable pizza, Aver's is the drunchie/munchie cure-all. Open for delivery from 11 am to 4 am on Fridays and Saturdays, 11 am to 2 am Sunday through Wednesday, and 11 am to 3 am on Thursdays, Aver's will be there for you when you need an XL Cream and Crimson.

Jimmy John's

Jimmy John's is another college staple. It's open from 10:30 am to 3 am Sunday through Wednesday, 10:30 am to 4 am Thursday through Saturday. A JJ's sandwich is the perfect late-night meal to soak up all of that tequila in your stomach. 

Z & C Teriyaki and Sushi

Z & C Teriyaki and Sushi is tucked away under Dunnkirk and The Upstairs Pub, but do not make the mistake of letting it hide. Z & C has the best teriyaki chicken and fried rice I've ever had in my life. After you stumble downstairs from The Upstairs, be sure to make a quick stop at Z & C, open from 11 am to 3 am Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am to 11 pm Sunday and Monday.

Pizza X

If you're an IU student, you have to get Pizza X at least once while you're here. It's like a rite of passage — a Hoosier pizza baptism, if you will. It's open from 11 am to 2 am on Sundays and Mondays, 11 am to 3 am Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 11 am to 4 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Do yourself a favor and order the "Cheesestix." 

Btown Diner

Located right next to Brothers, Btown Diner is the perfect late night drunchie spot. They serve breakfast all day, in addition to sandwiches, burgers, and pretty much anything else you could want. Their mac and cheese is to die for, especially at 3 am when the munchies are relentless. The best part? Btown Diner is open 24 hours.

Denny's

While Bloomington's most epic fail is not having an IHOP (seriously, wtf), Denny's is the next best thing. You can never go wrong with the Grand Slam, and the Peanut Butter Cup Pancake Breakfast is insanely tasty as well. Denny's proudly serves drunk, high, and generally hungry IU folk 24 hours a day.

Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake cures everything. Broken heart? Go to Steak 'n Shake. Just failed your finance exam? Steak 'n Shake. Got a bad case of the drunchies? I think you get it by now. Steak 'n Shake is open 24/7, so you can order a Bacon Lover's Double Steakburger and fries with a side of cheese sauce whenever your heart desires.

Next time your drunchies take over and you're in a frenzy to find some late-night restaurant suggestions, remember this handy little guide. You'll be the smartest drunk friend and the munchie hero of the entire night.