If you live in Boston, you understand that Marathon Monday is one of the best days of the year. Schools are closed, it's finally spring, and the city is buzzing with the energy of thousands of runners.

For Boston's huge population of college students, Marathon Monday usually means "darty day". But, there's a lot more to do in Boston than just drink.

Many Boston restaurants and food stands have special deals or menus to celebrate the day. Keep reading to learn about all the best places to eat in Boston on Marathon Monday.

Fairsted Kitchen

This popular Brookline restaurant is opening at 10:30 a.m. on Marathon Monday to give spectators a chance to cheer on the marathoners as they run past. Head out to the patio beer garden to enjoy cheap drinks, or hang out inside and order off the day's special menu.

Washington Square Tavern

This tavern is another spot opening early for Marathon Monday. Serving up a special of hot dogs and hamburgers all day, and it's also known for having some of the best draft beers in town. Be sure to head over to enjoy a day of classic American fare.

Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake

Located just beyond the finish line on Boylston Street, the rooftop deck at Poe's Kitchen is the perfect spot to watch runners staggering to the finish. They're also offering a special pasta dish for the marathon: linguini with shrimp, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and jalapeño spiced almonds. 

The Beehive

It's not offering a discount or special menu, but this South End restaurant is doing something even better. The Beehive is donating 100% of its profits to the Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Fund.

This is a foundation named for a woman who lost her leg in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings. The foundation supports research for limb reconstruction.

Fenway Park

After the race, head over to Fenway Park from 6:30 - 10:30 p.m. to enjoy the Boston Marathon 27 Mile Party. This event is completely free for runners, and it offers ballpark food, beer, music, and a replay of the race.

Best of all, enjoy the special Samuel Adams 26.2 Lager, designed specifically for Marathon Monday.