While studying at the School of the New York Times, I had the perk of exploring the city in hopes of finding some awesome eats. Whether it was a morning bagel, or an afternoon Magnolia Bakery pick me up, the food in New York City gave me major heart eyes. Here's a look into my favorite NYC #EEEEATS. 

Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cake

strawberry, sponge cake, buttercream, cake
Sydney Brown

Though they may be known for the delicious banana pudding, my personal go to was the vanilla bean cake with pink buttercream. Lucky for me, this massive piece of decadent cake held overnight so I could enjoy it for two days. This is a definite must try. 

Levain Bakery Walnut Chocolate Chip

cookie, bacon, chocolate
Sydney Brown

On our scavenger hunt on the second day, we came across Levain Bakery, well known for their soft and oh so scrumptious walnut & chocolate chip cookies. Yes folks, they taste just as good as they look. Melty chocolate, tender walnuts, and a perfectly baked cookie dough- This bakery is a always a winner in my eyes. 

Zucker's Bagels

When my roommate told me Zucker's was her favorite bagel place in NYC, I knew we had to take a walk there for breakfast one morning. I opted for a simple sesame bagel with plain cream cheese, but everything at Zucker's looks and smells amazing. Totally worth the 15 minute walk from my dorm. 

Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Lucky for me, one of our weekend activities on the program was going to Smorgasburg in Williamsburg and splurging on all sorts of delicious eats. Let's talk about some of my incredible finds. 

Grilled Corn with Smoked Paprika 

bacon, lobster
Sydney Brown

This was my first ( and also favorite ) item bought at Smorgasburg, and I still can't believe how short the line was. This perfectly grilled corn was topped with a mayonnaise spread and smothered in paprika, a combination that I'd definitely be willing to try again. 

Scallion Pancake with Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken

gyro, chicken, tacos
Sydney Brown

Before I start let me just say that yes, the 15 minute line was one hundred and fifty percent worth it. Inside this little wrap is a bundle of flavors, with popcorn chicken, chiles, and scallions all put together in a crispy scallion pancake. 

Watermelon & Mint Juice

cream, tea, strawberry, lemonade, ice
Sydney Brown

This juice was sold at the same stand as the grilled corn, and because the corn was paired with such smokey flavors, this refreshing juice was just perfect. Watermelon and mint juiced together is really summer in a cup. 

Tuna Poké Bowl

salad, watermelon
Sydney Brown

My friend and I split this bowl together because we were already so full, but the amount was perfect for the both of us. Fresh cubed tuna, sushi rice, black and white sesame seeds, and seaweed salad put together for a bowl made from heaven. This was my first & favorite poké bowl ever. 

Pink Prickly Pear Juice 

coffee, cream, ice, milk
Sydney Brown

This prickly pear concoction tasted as if pink lemonade met acaí. Fruity with a lemon essence, it was the most refreshing way to end a day full of eating. 

Overall, New York City not only won me over with their awesome people and beautiful skylines, but with the incredible, undeniably delicious food.