Anyone living in Boulder, Colorado (AKA the magical land of sandwiches) knows that we live in “25 square miles surrounded by reality.” Seriously, landing on just nine of the best of the best sandwiches here was a bit of a challenge. Any avid sandwich-eater would agree. Here are the lucky nine that made the cut:

1. Lindsay’s Deli – It’s What’s For Dinna

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of lindsaysboulderdeli.com

It’s great for lunch too. Stuff your face with roast beef, provolone, red onion, giardiniera hot peppers, arugula, garlic mayo, and balsamic vinaigrette on a toasted ciabatta bun. Sounds fancy, huh? Lindsay’s Deli is a local gem located on Pearl street.

2. Salvaggio’s – Heart Attack

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of @bouldergrub on Instagram

This Italian deli is doing it right, and their breakfast sandwich is the king of all hangover cures in Boulder. It’s so greasy, it might give you a heart attack. If this sandwich isn’t a regular part of your weekend routine, you’re missing out.

3. Snarf’s Sub Shop – Basically Anything

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of @snarfssandwiches on Instagram

Get whatever little sammy your heart desires. These sandwiches are award-winning. It doesn’t matter what you get here, it’s going to be the best thing you ever put in your mouth. You can even buy their special hot pepper relish in a jar to-go.

4. Deli Zone – Baby Kong

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of @hannakgraf on Instagram

Here’s another breakfast sandwich that you probably need to order two of, because they are just that good. Deli zone boasts fast, fresh and delicious New York style sandwiches. The best part – it’s on a warm kaiser roll.

5. The Point Cafe – Classic Grilled Cheese

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of @allamericanslurp on Instagram

This little coffee shop is the last place you’d expect to find a grilled cheese, but they are melt-in-your-mouth good. They are all fresh-pressed with a panini grill. Only in Boulder could you enjoy a grilled cheese on this cafe’s huge patio with a backdrop of the mountains.

6. Organic Sandwich Company – Spicy Veggie

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of @juliazfood on Instagram

If you’re looking for a classier sandwich, take a bite out of this one. And hey, it’s organic too. This sandwich shop has a rad philosophy, and supports local farmers too.

7. Mod Market – Maple Dijon

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of modmarket.com

A fresh and lovely sandwich special to Boulder. It’s a shame this one is seasonal, but that’s only because Mod Market is dedicated to farm-to-table fare. Piled with prosciutto, red chicken, muenster cheese, arugula, and whole grain mustard, you are in for a tasty treat.

8. Half Fast Subs – Tavo Plus

sandwiches

Photo by Bonnie Blocker

The best turkey-avocado sandwich you will ever put in your mouth. Try any of Half Fast’s 100-plus menu items, and make sure to grab yourself a Long-Island Iced Tea pitcher while you’re at it.

9. Cheba Hut – White Widow

sandwiches

Photo courtesy of chebahut.com

Otherwise known as a classic chicken-bacon-ranch combo. This marijuana-themed sub shop boasts “the only thing fried is the occasional customer.” Perhaps more than occasional, since Colorado has entered the era of legal weed, for those at least 21 years old. As the menu comes into focus, customers might need to convince themselves that they are not, in fact, in a particularly fragrant dispensary.