Donuts have been a real great way to up your #foodporn quality on social media. Whether you’re going to STL to check out all the great food stops or for another reason, a donut run is a must. There are a ton of shops and dives in the city, but here is a list of some of the best and a breakdown of why you need to try these holey snacks.

World’s Fair Donuts

st. louis

Photo by Kate Foody

Located in Tower Grove, STL, this tiny shop has only about 5 parking spots that are always full on Sunday morning. Here, they’re known for their perfectly fried blueberry cake donut. The couple who owns World’s Fair Donuts has been serving STL with amazing donuts for over 30 years at this perfect little dive (check out the history of the donut history of the donut here).

#SpoonTip: Don’t forget your cash, because they don’t take cards.

Donut Drive In

st. louis

Photo courtesy of chowchief.com

This shop is right down the street from the famous Ted Drewes. Get here early for the best selection of donuts, and don’t forget to take home one (or a dozen) of the perfect glazed donuts. And, check out the artisanal donuts they sometimes have in shop.

John’s Donuts

st. louis

Photo courtesy of STLdonutblog.blogspot.com

This one-stop shop is perfect for an all-nighter in the library or a pre-hangover remedy because they’re open from ’round the clock 11 pm till 1 pm. If you’re craving a perfectly dense donut for a late night snack, this drive-in is calling your name.

Pharaoh’s Donuts

st. louis

Photo by Elena Hollingsworth

This is a hidden gem located in downtown STL because you could walk right past it and not even notice it was there (except for the deep fried aroma making you think to yourself that you NEED a donut). The donuts are priced cheaper than just about anywhere, and they taste just as good.

Strange Donuts

st. louis

Photo by Colleen Daly

Strange’s shop is growing better and better as it moves to locations outside of St. Louis, offering customers a very wide variety of donut flavors ranging from a basic glaze to s’mores to collaborations with neighboring restaurants like Seoul Taco Korean BBQ. As they would say, “Be nice, stay strange,” and eat a donut.

Ex-Cop Donut Shop

st. louis

Photo by Jeannette Memmer

The owner at this joint is indeed an ex-cop, but he also is the head donut maker. They have some killer bacon donuts that they’re known for, but those are only available Thursday through Saturday. Not only does this place have donuts, but they also have a great variety of pastries and coffee to offer to their loyal customers.

Donut House

st. louis

Photo by Myrinda Grantham

The great part about this donut joint is you can get a donut for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. They are open 24 hours a day, which is hard to find with donuts. You can get yourself a great dinner, then head over for dessert or to prepare for a late night snack thanks to their prime spot on Morganford.

Vincent Van Doughnut

st. louis

Photo courtesy of @VincentVanDoughnut on Instagram

This newer STL donut shop located in the heart of Clayton, includes all from scratch donuts that are cut in square shapes. Once a food truck, the donut shop is now a storefront that still brings donuts to local markets in its truck offering a wide variety of flavors such as maple bacon, gluten free options, and chocolate chip cookie. Check out why it’s so great here.

st. louis

Photo by Colleen Daly