So you’re hungry but you don’t have a car…typical college student probs. However if you’re craving tasty foods, starvation is no longer necessary because each of these restaurants are no more than a 15-minute walk from the UH Mānoa campus. Whether you’re looking for a restaurant that’s college-budget friendly or just a place to eat off of campus, there’s a restaurant for you on this list. They’re affordable and delicious, so put on those walking shoes and make your way down to Grub-Town.

1. Thai Issan Cuisine

restaurants within walking distance

Photo courtesy of Lyla D. on Yelp

This family owned restaurant offers authentic Thai food right down the road from campus. Their menu includes more traditional items such as Pad Thai and different kinds of curries as well as some great vegetarian (and even vegan) options. The portions are enough for you to go home with leftovers and are about $7-$15 a plate.

2. Cafe Kaila

restaurants within walking distance

Photo courtesy of @micachu_ on Instagram

If you’re feeling waffles with fruit, then Cafe Kaila is the place to go. Located in the Market City Shopping Center right next to the freeway, you’re sure to find any breakfast entree you’re craving without breaking the bank. Be prepared to wait awhile for a table as they often have lines out the door, but trust me it’s worth it.

3. The Nook Neighborhood Bistro

restaurants within walking distance

Photo courtesy of @calikins on Instagram

The Nook prides itself on using fresh, local ingredients to create a special twist on New American cuisine. Open during breakfast, lunch and dinner some of their unique creations include Papaya Ginger Pancakes and Okinawan Sweet Potato Gnocchi. You can never go wrong with a morning walk to Sunday Brunch.

4. Dagon

restaurants within walking distance

Photo courtesy of @dagonburmesecuisine on Instagram

Dagon focuses on traditional Burmese cuisine, which is basically a mix between Thai and Indian food. Definitely go for their signature dish, the Tea Leaf Salad (pictured above), as you can see it’s not just a plate of green leafs but gives a little of everything. Burmese food is quite rare to find even on the mainland, so consider this place a special treat!

5. Da Spot

restaurants within walking distance

Photo courtesy of @tihaniremaria on Instagram

If you love smoothies and sandwiches but don’t have much to spend, Da Spot is the best place to go. You can get a 24oz smoothie for only $5 and all sandwiches are $10 or under which is a killer deal if I do say so myself. While there may be a truck on the UH Campus, you’ll find an even better selection at the official location right across from Long’s Drugs on King Street.