It’s that time of year again and we all know what that means – it’s time to drink on patios again, The pleasant weather we have all been looking forward to is in full swing. Put on your patio sippin’ attire and kick start your weekend by grabbing a cold beer and grubbing on some finger food at one of Dallas’s poppin’ patios.

Whether you are looking for a place to throw a frisbee with your pup or maybe admire the skyline lights from a rooftop, Dallas has everything to offer. Hurry up and explore these popular patios while you can.

Truck Yard

patios

Photo courtesy of dmagazine.com

Need a relaxed outdoor setting to grab a bucket of beers with your college buddies or listen to a live band under the stars? Truck Yard gives you that backyard. From its walk-in tree house and picnic tables made from pick-up trucks Truck Yard is a fan favorite. I mean who doesn’t love a tree house with a bar? One menu item that never leaves – their dank cheesesteak – is made right in front of you. If you’re from the Philly area, they’ve got the recipe down pat, they even supply Cheese Whiz. Make sure to try their signature cocktail, Goldrush, and explore the “Mutt Menu” made strictly for your pup.

Happiest Hour

patios

Photo courtesy of hauteliving.com

Dallas’s largest outdoor patio, bar and lounge that focuses on only one thing: making you happy. Noted as one of the hottest new bars in 2015, Happiest Hour caters to all occasions. Play outdoor games on the vast patio with your buddies, pull a stool up to the bar for a variety of beer tastings, or enjoy a romantic evening on the upper deck.

This 12,00-square-feet, double-deck hangout is located across from American Airline Center and over looks the Dallas skyline and Victory Park. The fun doesn’t stop there; Happiest Hour consists of three full bars with eight wines on tap, 50 beers to choose from and 18 flat-screens to keep up with any game. Spend your weekend going big in the Big D. 

Ice House

patios

Photo courtesy of cravedfw.com

If you ever find yourself walking the Katy Trail in need of a refreshing and delicious drink, take a stop at the Katy Trail Ice House. This unique atmosphere offers runners a place to cool down (or drink up), old friends a place to catch up, and dogs a place to lounge every Saturday.

However, what really draws the crowd is their slow cooked barbeque. This Dallas-famous legacy brings tourists and natives from all over the state! Their chefs pull all-nighters to perfect the 18-hour piece of deliciousness that is guaranteed to run out the next day. So, take a break from your run, grab a delicious plate of barbecue, and guzzle an ice-cold beer.

The Rustic

patios

Photo courtesy of therustic.com

Want a place to show of your new spring outfit or catch the latest sports game? Throw on your hippie shades and enjoy a Sangriarita on the grass of The Rustic. This photogenic drink is spotted on many Instagram posts and Facebook feeds. Sangriarita get its clever name for being a sangria + margarita all in one, and it’s even topped with an adult popsicle. Little known fact: The Rustic holds a talk show on Monday nights, The Talk, featuring local celebrities and hosts. Great food. Great drinks. Great vibes. 

Klyde Warren Park

patios

Photo courtesy of ncaadallasregional.com

Located in the heart of Dallas’s downtown, this family friendly hot spot attracts a large crowd every day of the week. This 5.2-acre park sits on top of the Woodall Rodgers Freeway surrounded by skyscrapers. Klyde Warren is always hosting public events from outdoor concerts on the pavilion to sunrise yoga sessions.

A plethora of food trucks roll in every afternoon, from sushi to the renowned Ruthie’s Rolling Café, there is always a cuisine to satisfy your hunger. Get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and soak up the afternoon rays in the heart of the city.