It's almost that time of year again- Valentines Day. While some of us embrace our inner Ron Swanson and believe that Valentines Day is a "holiday created by Hallmark to sell cards," others truly enjoy the mushy romantic stuff plastered everywhere. Whatever you're opinion of Valentines Day is, one of the biggest parts of this day is going out to eat. 

If you're one of those who are a fan of the romance on Valentines and live around Philadelphia, here's a list of some of the best places for a romantic night out with your significant other, your BFFs, or yourself!

For the Romantics...

1. Max Brenner

coffee
Monica Mellon

This is the place to go to have chocolate for dinner. With plenty of different milkshakes, chocolates and desserts, you'll be set for a sweet, romantic night.

2. XIX

sauce
Monica Mellon

XIX Restaurant is located on the 19th floor of Philadelphia's Hyatt at the Bellevue and overlooks center city. With a general fee, customers are offered a four course meal, including a small dessert buffet!

3. R2L

R2L sits 500 feet above the city and offers amazing views all around. Paying a base fee of $85, you get a four course meal offering amazing choices that are perfect for a romantic night with your significant other! (Expensive, I know, sorry, but totally worth it!)

4. Oyster House

mussel, lemon, fish, oyster, shellfish, seafood
Catherine Van Helden

Everyone always says that oysters are a very romantic food, so why not set the romantic mood at the Oyster House. With many different sea food options, you can't go wrong- just make sure to bring some gum for afterwards!

5. Cheesecake Factory

Who doesn't love cheesecake? The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to go for a nice date without worrying about spending too too much money!

6. The Capital Grille 

Another kind of expensive restaurant, but the food is amazing and it's a great place to go if you feel like being classy for your nice dinner!

7. DiNardo's Seafood

Another great seafood restaurant for a romantic setting with a bunch of raw seafood options, amazing crab specials, and steak and chicken options! 

8. El Vez

If you're looking to switch up your tastebuds from sweet to salty, El Vez is definitely the place to go for the best Mexican food on Valentines Day!

9. Osteria

Osteria is a beautiful Italian restaurant with a small, but very diverse menu, and tons of desserts for you sweet side on your sweet date.

10. Pesto

Pesto is a great little Italian restaurant in South Philly with another big Italian menu. The perfect setting for a casual, but also nice date out.

11. Del Frisco's

Del Frisco's is another place to add to your list if you're feeling extra classy. Located right on Chestnut street, the menu ranges from different steaks to different kinds of sea foods, and plenty of dessert to top your night off. 

12. Marmont Steakhouse

Marmont Steakhouse is a cute little restaurant located in Old City with a wide variety on the menu. It's the perfect place for a nice, causal dinner with your Valentine.  

13. McCormick and Schmick's

McCormick and Schmick's is another great steak and seafood place for a very romantic, casual night out. 

14. Hokka Hokka

chicken, rice, sushi
Monica Mellon

For the sushi fans, this place is for you. Valentines Day is the perfect time to splurge for sushi with your date!

15. Han Dynasty

cream, caramel
Monica Mellon

Another great place to go if you're looking for a not-so-sweet dinner. Han Dynasty has a great selection of affordable Chinese food for a great Valentines Day dinner.

16. The Melting Pot

There is literally no better time for fondue than Valentines Day and The Melting Pot is the perfect place to have it for dinner and dessert!

17. Revolution House 

Revolution House is another cute restaurant located in Old City. A very traditional menu with different pizzas and sandwiches, and, if you're not feeling dinner, there's a brunch menu!

For the Not-So-Romantics

18. Qdoba

chorizo, cheese, tacos
Sara Casagrand

If you kiss someone in line at Qdoba, you're offered your entree's at a buy one get one free deal!

19. Shake Shack

cheese
Leah Hillegas

Shake Shack offers you a buy-one-get-one free shake! Also applicable if you're going for a treat yourself night because who doesn't need two milkshakes? 

For the Treat-Yo-self-ers

20. Hooters

pasta, ramen
Nicole Korolevich

For those who are really against Valentines Day because of a horrible ex, if you bring a photo of them to Hooters, you not only get to destroy a picture of your ex, but you also get 10 free wings. 

No matter how you choose to spend your Valentines Day, enjoy yourself and make sure to eat plenty of food!