College students care about few other things besides their education. Two of the things to top the list, though, are food and romance. You can combine the two by taking bae to a great restaurant. These are some of my favorite places in Boston. I’ve included the name of the MBTA stop and my favorite thing to order, ya know, for reference.

1. Felipe’s Taqueria (Harvard Square)

date

Photo courtesy of felipestaqueria.com

Felipe’s is a great date spot for when you’re truly comfortable with someone. Their Mexican food is excellent. We went on very empty stomachs and shared tacos, nachos, and a chimichanga. It’s open late, which makes Felipe’s a great option for when you need Mexican food in the middle of the night.

We ordered: tacos, nachos, chimichangas

2. Lone Star Taco Bar (Harvard Ave)

date

Photo courtesy of bostonglobe.com

Lone Star had the best tacos I’ve ever had. This was also my first street corn experience, and it changed my life. The food is pretty messy, so I wouldn’t suggest it for a first date (unless you’re comfortable with that! Way to be!) but it’s pretty amazing. Lone Star becomes a full-on bar around 8 pm, so if you’re not of age, be prepared to beg the bouncer for entry (it worked for me!).

We ordered: street corn, nachos, tacos

3. Saus (State Street)

date

Photo by Lexi Lietzke

Saus is famous for their fries and wide array of dipping sauces, but I love their poutine. It’s covered in gravy, beef, bacon, and cheese curds, and it makes my week infinitely better. However, if poutine isn’t your thing, the Bacon Parmesan and Truffle Ketchup sauces are to die for. The Vampire Slayer sauce is also amazing, but it’s super garlicky and not the best idea for a date. 😉

We ordered: poutine

4. Allston Diner (Harvard Ave)

date

Photo courtesy of bostonmagazine.com

This is a good place to go if your date isn’t into a bougie brunch. Allston Diner has great breakfast foods and a fun environment. The chicken and waffles have an extra savory twist because the waffles are made of cornbread. However, if you want a sweet breakfast, they have a lot of pancakes and French toast, too.

We ordered: chicken and waffles

5. India Pavilion (Central)

date

Photo courtesy of cambridgelocalfirst.org

Indian food is one of my favorite cuisines. My boyfriend and I love getting Indian food and sharing a bunch of dishes, so I think it’s a great date meal. We ordered a platter and it was the perfect sharing size with a ton of different options.

We ordered: meat thaali platter

6. Tasty Burger (Back Bay)

date

Photo by Lexi Lietzke

Tasty Burger is another great option for when you’re hungry in the middle of the night. They have multiple locations, but some are open as late as 4 am — great for munchies or drunchies. Burgers are a classic date idea because they’re both filling and delicious.

We ordered: burgers, fries, tater tots

7. Thinking Cup (Boylston)

date

Photo by Dana Prandato

Thinking Cup is the ultimate date cafe. They have great pastries, sandwiches, and most importantly, coffee and tea. If you’re like me and you’re not a huge fan of coffee, they also have really excellent chai tea lattes and hot chocolates. However, the quality of the coffee is superb and the baristas do great latte art, so after the date, you can post an Instagram of your drink (and if your crush likes it, you know there’s a future).

We ordered: pretty much everything

8. Blackbird Doughnuts (Tufts Medical)

date

Photo by Lexi Lietzke

Gourmet doughnuts are one of the most important things in the world. If you’re just getting to know someone and don’t want to commit to a full meal with them, getting a doughnut is a tasty and noncommittal option. Both their sweet (Belgian Chocolate! Blueberry Cake!) and savory (Loaded Baked Potato! Cheese Pizza!) flavors are delicious.

We ordered: belgian chocolate doughnut & pizza doughnut

9. Hot Pot (Chinatown)

date

Photo courtesy of thephoenix.com

Hot Pot is one of the most fun dining experiences I’ve had in a while. There’s a boiling pot of hot broth on the table and you and your date pick a bunch of different menu items to cook yourselves in the hot pot. We picked a ton of veggies, different types of meats, and quail eggs. It’s a good idea for a first date because you have something to do if there’s not a ton to talk about.

We ordered: a hot pot of soup

10. Toscanini’s (Central)

date

Photo courtesy of tosci.com

Ice cream is also a classic date choice. Picking a gourmet shop like Toscanini’s reminds your boo (or future boo) how sophisticated and classy you really are. Here, they have a huge assortment of delicious flavors and a pretty good selection of coffee.

We ordered: salted caramel

11. Regina Pizzeria (Haymarket)

date

Photo by Lexi Lietzke

Regina is one of the best pizza places in Boston. It’s a great place for a group date because everyone can share pizzas. More pizza = less pressure. If you run out of conversation, you can talk about the countless pictures of celebrities on the walls or just shove more pizza in your mouth.

We ordered: margherita pizza

12. Totto Ramen (Harvard Ave)

date

Photo by  Lexi Lietzke

Ramen is one of the most fun foods to eat because it’s one of the only times it’s socially acceptable to slurp. There are so many ingredients to choose from here, and it’s almost impossible to finish a full bowl of ramen. One of my favorite dates was going to a hockey game and then warming up my belly with a bowl of ramen.

We ordered: ramen