Washington, DC is home to some of the best tacos, cupcakes, and pasta dishes around. But how do their burgers stack up? After chatting with some students in the area, I've come up with the best burgers in DC.

1. Tasty Burger

This Boston burger joint came to DC last summer and has been a hit ever since. Located on trendy U St, this location is open extra late, which makes it perfect for a late night bite after hanging out at one of U St's many clubs and bars.

2. Farmers Fishers Bakers

Located on Georgetown's gorgeous waterfront, Farmers Fishers Bakers has a varied menu that features dishes from sushi to mussels to burgers. Their "All-American Double" is just a classic cheeseburgers, but it's one of the best that you'll ever have. 

3. Le Diplomate

Le Diplomate is a DC classic for brunch and it has one of the best burgers around. The restaurant is styled after a French bistro with an American flair, and their "Burger Américan" blends those two together perfectly. 

4. Burger, Tap and Shake

Burger, Tap and Shake is a local chain known for their ground in-house burgers and good deals. They always have new and exciting monthly specials for burgers, shakes, and cocktails. With two locations (both near colleges), this joint is perfect for your lunch break or a late night hang out spot.

5. Good Stuff Eatery

Top Chef alum Spike Mendelsohn opened Good Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill in 2008 and now has six locations across the US and in Saudi Arabia. This is their Prez Obama Burger, which has bacon, an onion marmalade, Roquefort cheese, and a horseradish mayo. Please excuse me as I run down to Georgetown to get one now!

6. Community Restaurant & Lounge

Community Restaurant & Lounge only opened in November 2016, but it has already been making headlines for their delicious and political burgers (you may remember the Golden Showers burger from January). Their burgers are created by Mark Bucher, a world burger champ, and he's got some tips for you.

7. Thunder Burger

If you're going to name your restaurant Thunder Burger, then you're going to have to deliver, and this place definitely does. They have a burger for every one of your friends. Feeling fancy? Then you can add a sliced of seared foie gras to any burger for $6.

8. Duke's Grocery

Duke's Grocery prides itself as "a taste of East London, in East Dupont." As someone who studied abroad in London, I absolutely love this place. It reminds me of cafes and pubs that I went to in London. Their "Porter Burger" is out of this world with gouda, garlic aioli, rocket, and a fantastic chili sauce. Definitely a must have if you find yourself near Dupont.

9. Cafe Deluxe

Cafe Deluxe is a French-style diner, which has four locations across the District, and is a brunch favorite among college students. But don't forget about their burger section on the menu. Their signature burger is the "Porter Burger" with provolone, porter mayo, porter-braised onions, sautéed mushrooms, bacon, all of which is on an onion poppyseed bun. 

10. Shouk

While some places are making vegetarian burgers more "meat-like," Shouk is sticking to their roots. Their burger is made from lentils, black beans, and mushrooms, with flaxseed to bind it. Even if you love a good cheeseburger, this veggie option is bound to please everyone.

11. b Penn Quarter

b Penn Quarter takes the breakfast burger to a whole new level. They swap a burger bun for a croissant bun and add bacon, cheddar cheese, a fried egg, and spiced maple aioli. Add one of their bourbon cocktails and you've got the breakfast of champions.

Is your mouth watering yet? I know mine is after seeing all of these pictures of the best burgers in DC. The next time you're in the District, don't wait in line for cupcakes but instead head to one of these places. You won't be disappointed.