Nashville is not only home to country music and southern food. In fact, some of the best desserts can be found in this city. Read on to see where the go-to dessert shops and restaurants are that will keep you coming back for more.

1. Jeni’s Ice Cream

dessert

Photo courtesy of Ari Richman

Whether it’s 85ºF or 45ºF outside, Jeni’s is always the perfect place to stop for a quick dessert. With an abundance of flavors, toppings and sauces, the combinations you can create are endless. Who wouldn’t want to try unique flavors like Bourbon Salted Pecan or Honey Milk Chocolate with Smoked Almonds? Seriously though, these are to die for. Jeni’s comes out with new and seasonal flavors constantly, so try a new one each time you go, and perhaps you may find your new favorite flavor! Jeni’s has it all: for all you sorbet and froyo lovers, you will be sure to find delicious options that take a spin on classic American flavors.

2. Josephine

dessert

Photo by Jen Reynolds

Located right on 12 South, Josephine is a contemporary and elegant restaurant that is equally perfect for Sunday brunch, a girls’ night out or a date night with your significant other. If you happen to go for brunch, the cinnamon sugar doughnuts are a must-have. These small bites are crispy and warm from the oven, with a light and soft inside. These will always keep you coming back for more; they’re simply delectable!

3. Jake’s Bakes

dessert

Photo courtesy of Haley Brecher

When you just can’t study anymore, ordering Jake’s Bakes is the ultimate way to procrastinate doing more work. These cookies contain all-natural ingredients and taste better than any other cookies I have had before. They are fresher than fresh; they are baked right before they are delivered to you and are soft and warm to the touch. With 10 different types of cookies, you are sure to find one, or two or three, that keep you reaching in the box for more.

4. BrickTop’s 

dessert

Photo courtesy of nashville_eats on Instagram

Treat yourself with this mouth-watering “chocolate chip cookie in a skillet” dessert at BrickTop’s. An over-sized cookie topped with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream all in one skillet is the dessert to try if you’re going to have one. This is a favorite of many Nashville locals and tourists and the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth after dinner.

5. Gigi’s Cupcakes

dessert

Photo courtesy of @nashville_eats on Instagram

The original Gigi’s cupcakes shop is on Broadway Street in our very own city of Nashville. This is not the typical cupcake store; she also sells cookies, breads, cheesecakes and the like. These cupcakes are truly like no other and the flavors offered change by day of the week. Gigi’s even makes gluten-free cupcakes for those that typically have to avoid these delicious treats because of an allergy. If you’re looking for a sweet snack or for birthday treats instead of a cake, Gigi’s is the place to go. The cake to frosting ratio will not dissapoint.

6. Las Paletas

dessert

On a hot and sunny day in Nashville, who wouldn’t want a refreshing treat like this? Paletas are made with fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables and are a traditional dessert in Mexican cuisine. They offer seasonal flavors like corn and pumpkin, traditonal Mexican flavors like pineapple and lime, as well as flavors always desired by the customers such as chocolate banana and peanut butter. You can be sure to find a Paleta that suits your palate, whether you love spicy or sweet.

7. Five Daughters Bakery

dessert

Photo courtesy of @five_daughters_bakery on Instagram

If you’re looking for more of a sweet breakfast, go to Five Daughters Bakery for their famous 100 layer donut, typically known as a cronut, for a decadent experience. From doughnuts to cupcakes, their pastries are one of a kind and will certainly give you some sweet satisfaction. Located on 12 South, Five Daughters is the newest stop to grab a treat.

8. Sweet CeCe’s 

dessert

Photo courtesy of Gabrielle Levitt

At Sweet CeCe’s, you can create any combination of froyo flavors and toppings and you will sure be satisfied. Some of the best frozen yogurt I have ever had has been at this dessert shop and it is quite a sweet experience. With seven different locations in Nashville, you are bound to find one near you, and if you’re looking for a refreshing treat, Sweet CeCe’s is the place to go.

9. Maggie Moo’s

dessert

Maggie Moo’s, unlike most ice ice cream shops, uses a chilled marble slab to mix in your desired toppings without letting your ice cream melt. From fruit to chocolate chips to cookie dough balls, you will find countless mix-ins to incorporate into your ice cream. The smooth, creamy texture makes it extra delicious and will always satisfy your cravings. So, when in Nashville, stop by Maggie Moo’s for some delicious ice cream.

10. Sprinkles

dessert

Photo courtesy of @sprinklescupcakes on Instagram

With a brand new location on 12 South, Sprinkles is quite the destination to say the least. With a line out the door almost every night, you are bound to love your Sprinkles experience. The cupcakes are moist and and light on the inside and the frosting is rich and creamy: what more could you ask for? The flavor combinations are truly unique and they feature different cupcakes according to the day of the week. They even have a cupcake ATM next door if you’re in a rush and want a to-go cupcake. Sprinkles offers ice cream as well, a new addition to the company, and they’ll make you a cupcake sandwich. This is an absolute must-have when in Nashville, and you will be sure to enjoy what you try each time you go.

So don’t be fooled into thinking Nashville is just for fried chicken and hushpuppies- we got the dessert game covered down here too!