Mexican cuisine gives me life. Ever since I was young, I made it clear to my parents that although our culture's cuisine (Nicaraguan and Peruvian) is like no other, Mexican food will always reign in my heart. Because of this, I've always devoted myself to finding the newest and best Mexican restaurants in my area. I'd like to think I've successfully tried most of the best ones in my hometown, but Tally? That's a different story. When you're ready to ditch Taco Bell, here's a list to help you find the best Mexican restaurants in Tallahassee.

1. El Jalisco

With four locations scattered across Tallahassee, you're bound to try this adored fave. Enjoy their tabletop guacamole and their two for one margaritas special.

2. La Tiendita

If you're looking for the most authentic Mexican restaurant in Tally, La Tiendita is definitely your best bet. From á la carte tacos, natural juices made daily, and colossal guacamole mortars, there's no going wrong with this renowned hole in the wall.

3. Taco Republik

Known for its heavenly queso dip, Taco Republik is a dependable source for satisfying your taco fix. With several unique taco options, like their Tajo Indian style taco, they also serve favorites like burritos, quesadillas, and nachos. 

4. Echalee Mexican Grill

Echalee is your go-to fast food Tex-Mex place to hit up before a night at the Strip. Located less than from minutes away from campus and neighboring the Strip, Echalee is a popular pick among FSU students. 

5. Tacospeak

Tacospeak is exclusively an á la carte taco joint relatively close to FSU's campus. Choose between a traditional chicken taco like the Don Pablo or a unique twist like the CBLT (fried chicken, bacon, lettuce, and tomato). Whatever you do, don't miss out on the Texas Queso, known as one of the best dishes in Tallahassee.

6. Cabo's Island Grill & Bar

Cabo's brings American, Caribbean, and Mexican elements to the table. Enjoy classic options like tacos and burritos or their array of seafood options. 

7. Casa Grande Bar & Grill

Casa Grande's large menu has every classic Mexican dish you can think of, from enchiladas, chimichangas, fajitas, and taco salads. Don't miss out on their two for one massive margarita deal.

8. Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats is your typical Tex-Mex spot, but what keeps the customers coming is their Taco Tuesday special: two tacos, chips, and a drink, all for less than $6. You're welcome, broke college students.

9. El Cocinero

New to the Tally food scene is El Cocinero. Only two months old, this spot has been well received for its special taco combinations (lots of vegetarian options) and homemade corn tortillas.

10. Burrito Boarder

Usually (and wrongly) compared to Chipotle, Burrito Boarder offers different drink and food specials every day. They have several healthy bowls, tacos, and burrito options. Most notably, they're loved for their fresh ingredients.

Wherever you choose to go, you're in good hands with these picks. If you choose to venture out on your own, make sure you're familiar with a typical Mexican menu and are able to spot an authentic restaurant from a bougie one. Buen provecho.