Thanksgiving has always been a weird time for international students. Being an international student myself, four days has simply never been enough time to travel across the world on a 14-hour flight to see my family and eat some turkey. Luckily, during this time, New York City becomes the meeting hub for other international students who have nowhere to go. It’s a special time where we come together after months of separation and splurge on the luxuries of having a Thanksgiving meal out. No laboring in the kitchen, no stress and absolutely no dishes to clean.

Whether you’re a fellow international student who doesn’t want to miss out on the great food this American holiday has to offer or if you’re looking for an easy alternative to a traditional home-cooked meal, there are endless options here in New York. From Michelin starred eateries to humble all-you-can-eat dining, check out my (extensively researched!) list of places to eat this Thanksgiving. Start making reservations soon… slots are filling up fast!

thanksgiving

Photo Courtesy of The Smith

Under $60

Hill Country Barbecue

This place is your humble destination for all-you-can-eat Southern-style classics. With its famed pit-smoked turkey with pan gravy and traditional sweet potato mash, Hill Country is the perfect destination for large families with an endless appetite.

Location: 30 W 26th St (bet Broadway and 6th Ave)

Louro

This West Village restaurant prides itself on serving modern American cuisine in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting. Louro’s Thanksgiving dinner this year is simple with a unique flair, with appetizers like octopus bolognese and entrees like venison with smoked sweet onion jus. In addition to the prix-fixe menu, Louro is offering white truffles for a $45 supplement.

Location: 142 W 10th St (bet Greenwich and Waverly)

The Smith

This famed Brasserie is offering a traditional American Thanksgiving meal in all three of their New York locations. Each location has a different menu with options ranging from ricotta gnocchi with truffle cream to tuna tartare and bar steak.

Location: multiple locations

thanksgiving

Photo Courtesy of A Voce

$60-$100

Tocqueville

Tocqueville is considered one of New York’s staple American restaurants thanks to its dedication to the art of fine dining. Tocqueville is one of the few restaurants in the city known for their perfected Thanksgiving dinners, and offers a three-course meal with a variety of options for every type of diet. Pumpkin risotto, lamb shank and slow roasted back of pork are among their entrée options in addition to the classic roast free range turkey.

Location: 1 E 15th St (bet 5th Ave and Union Sq W)

Monument Lane

Another West Village gem, Monument Lane is a homely tavern serving hearty American fare. Thanksgiving this year sees a wide variety of course options, all holding true to the restaurant’s commitment to seasonal American ingredients. Monument Lane is known for its desserts and special Thanksgiving specials this year include doughnut holes and pumpkin cheesecake.

Location: 103 Greenwich Ave (at W 12th)

A Voce Columbus

A Voce Columbus takes advantage of its expansive views by offering a breakfast parade viewing party from 8:30am to 11:30am. Then from 1pm to 9pm, Thanksgiving dinner is served to those looking for an Italian take on Thanksgiving dinner.

Location: 10 Columbus Circle

thanksgiving

Photo Courtesy of Craft

Over $100

Craft

This ultra upscale American restaurant promises a traditional supper, “complete with all the fixin’s”. Course options are pretty traditional and standard, but will undoubtedly be made to perfection. Dessert options include apple crisp, sugar pumpkin pie, sugar and spice doughnuts and maple-cranberry sorbet, all of which are out-of-this-world.

Location: 43 E 19th St (bet Park and Broadway)

Colicchio & Sons

Another restaurant under the Craft Restaurant group, Colicchio & Sons offers a dinner with a more contemporary flair. Course options include lobster, chicken liver and sea urchin, in addition to more traditional dishes such as turkey and steak. As at Craft, the desserts are also meticulously created.

Location: 85 10th Ave (at W 15th)

The Mark Restaurant

Located in a beautiful space on the Upper East Side, The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges is an innovative European-inspired restaurant. For those intimidated by the daring appetizer and entrée options, the restaurant is also offering a classic farmhouse turkey.

Location: 25 E 77th St (bet 5th and Madison)