With live entertainment, great beer, and a menu filled with all sorts of delectable eats, The Tap is the place you want to be. As its name would suggest, The Tap offers up some of the best beer in town, thanks to its wide selection of bottled beers (over 400 are available to choose from) and its onsite brewery. There are at least 18 craft beers on tap at any given time, and The Tap creates special seasonal beers every few months.

The Tap

Photo by Claire Waggoner

If you think you’re not a “beer person,” come to The Tap regardless. The wait staff knows exactly what’s on tap and which beers to pair with which menu items. If you want to give a craft beer a try but aren’t sure which to try, just ask your server and they’ll be able to find the perfect beer for you.

I went to The Tap thinking I didn’t like beer, but their Apple Pie beer may have changed my mind about that. Mashed with 50 pounds of apples and flavored with apple pie spices, this beer was out of this world good. If you’re looking for something much sweeter, give the Brickyard a try—it’s fabulous.

The Tap

Photo by Claire Waggoner

While The Tap gets high marks for its craft beers, what makes it really stand out is the fact that it has great beers and great food. Sometimes breweries can be a bit of a toss-up regarding the menu, but The Tap definitely doesn’t disappoint in its food selection.

To go with our beers (no guys, I wasn’t drinking alone—thankfully), we ordered the Angus Sliders and the Firecracker Shrimp Tacos. The sliders were phenomenal—a pretzel bun, melted Brie, and the most delicious horseradish pickles. I’m such a sucker for a good pickle, and those were mighty tasty. On the side we had the restaurant’s signature Tap Fries with a side of their parmesan garlic aioli and the chipotle ranch dipping sauce. Wowza.

The Tap

Photo by Claire Waggoner

And the shrimp tacos. Let’s just take a minute to talk about those, shall we? You know the feeling you get when your order a meal and then get exactly what you’d envisioned in your mind? That’s what happened when we got our tacos. Fried shrimp tossed in the most incredible red pepper sauce and topped with coleslaw, avocado, and other delicious bits and bobs.

The Tap

Photo by Claire Waggoner

In case you’re not already salivating, our server recommended the Smoky Ghost Pizza and the Haystack Burger as well. Unfortunately, our stomachs are only so big and we couldn’t fit anything else in after the feast we’d just eaten.

The Tap is the perfect spot to hang out if you want to watch a sports game or if you just want a relaxing environment to hang out with friends. There’s live entertainment Thursday through Saturday, and plenty of good food and beer to keep you fueled for a long night out.

Why are you still reading this? You need to go to The Tap now.