Enjoying craft beer on tap is phenomenal for my wannabe hipster soul. But watching a 90’s classic on the big screen with a handful of fresh, buttery popcorn and a nice, cold beer—that’s my dream night.

An entrepreneurial business in the Pittsburgh neighborhood of Lawrenceville is making your night out (a heck of a lot) cooler by combining your love of cinemas, hoppy alcohol and friendship into one epic experience.

Let me introduce you to two great businesses, owned by the same genius man.

Row House Cinema

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese

The single screen theater showcases a new movie theme every week. The films range across decades and through genres. You could be watching Charlie Chaplin dancing away in black and white one week and watching Sally meet Harry the next.

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese

Available at the concession stand is popcorn (of course), with generous amounts of natural butter, local soft pretzels and, the center of attention, craft beer. Which brings me to…

Atlas Bottle Works

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese

This craft beer store is right next door to the theater, and you don’t even need to go outside to get there. Their motto is “only good beer,” which is upheld on soooo many levels.

The 500 craft beers in stock range from local to foreign, seasonal, gluten-free and more varieties of grains than you can imagine. You can purchase just one beer, which can be chilled for you in 4 minutes, or you can stock up your own 6-pack to go.

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese

Your mind may be doing barrel rolls with the endless options here, so sit down and relax at the underground Tap Room. This is a fun area downstairs at Atlas that always has beer flowing and weekly events on the calendar.

Just like at the movies next door, the 18 or so taps change around once in a while. Stay up to date on what movies are being shown, what beers are on tap and what events are coming up.

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese

Drink a glass while you’re there, grab a bottle for the movie and gather up a 6-pack for home. This is a great place to bring friends and family, go out on a date night, or make new beer/cinema-loving companions.

The experience is one to remember and the workers there are fantastic. They really love their job and love getting folks like you to expand your taste in drinks and movies. After asking one worker how he was he said, “I’m doing fantastic! How can I not be? I work in this beer store.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

date night

Photo by Amanda Savarese