St. Patrick’s Day may be one of my favorite holidays. No, I am not Irish, but yes, I sure do love a cold beer. This is a day for me to celebrate beer. If you’re like me and you love St. Patty’s Day, take a look at the best places to grab a beer near Chapman (while having an absolute blast). 

If you're looking for spots that are walking (aka stumbling) distance from Chapman: 

1. O'Hara's Pub

An Irish dive bar. Where else would you want to start your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations? This is definitely my favorite bar in the area. The decor is super fun, the bartenders are always nice (and are incredibly supportive of Fireball shots), and the prices aren’t too steep—which is always a plus. They also have pool tables and a jukebox, so it’s a recipe for a good time. 

2. Paul's Cocktails

Oh, Paul’s. Opening at 6:00 am every day, you know you’re going to have a good time here. This is a great spot for those early rising party animals. Also, free popcorn… Who doesn’t love free drunchies? Paul’s offers pool tables, televisions, and a photo booth, as well. Those pictures will be fun to look at the next morning! 

3. Haven Gastropub

cheese, beer
Drew Petersen

Haven is my favorite restaurant in the Old Towne Orange circle, no questions asked. They have a floor-to-ceiling chalkboard full of all of their current craft beers on tap (and trust me, it’s as beautiful as it sounds).

I’ve also never been let down by their beer selection, especially their double IPAs. Not only do they have an amazing rotating beer selection, and awesome staff, but they also have DELICIOUS food. Honestly some of the best I’ve ever had. My recommendations are the chips, mac and cheese, and doughnuts. They all pair perfectly with really any beer you decide on. 

4. The Wall 

The Wall is a fun spot if you wanna grab some flights and a bite to eat. From my experience, I would consider most of the options on the menu shareable appetizers, so this is a great restaurant to hit up before dinner or for a nice lunch. Also, their flights aren’t crazy expensive so it’s perfect if you’re feeling a little adventurous when it comes to your beer selection. 

5. Chapman Crafted Beer 

Drew Petersen

Chapman Brewery is more of a hole-in-the-wall spot compared to the bars I have already listed. If I didn’t know about it or know exactly where to look, I probably wouldn’t have found it when I went for the first time. Once you’re there, though, it’s a super friendly environment and a really nice spot for some flights with your friends. The beer is pretty yummy, as well!

If you're looking for spots that are Uber-ing distance from Chapman:

6. Golden Road Brewing

pizza, tea, coffee, beer
Drew Petersen

The Golden Road Brewing tap room in Anaheim is another great hole-in-the-wall. Golden Road makes some of my favorite beer and this tap room is such an awesome environment. They sell a few snacks, have outdoor games like ping pong and cornhole, and also have super fun board games to borrow while you’re there! Definitely a guaranteed good time. P.S. you may even catch a food truck there on the weekend! 

7. Calivino Wine Pub

Definitely the nicest on the list. You can show up in casual clothes for sure, but this dim-lit wine pub is definitely for St. Patty’s dates—so not a spot to get belligerent and try your best Irish accent at. The food is some of the best I’ve ever had, which is a definite plus when looking for a drinking spot. Also, even though it’s called a wine pub, they have beer. Don’t fret.

If you're looking for a place for your DD to take you: 

8. Ballast Point 

sweet, potato, sweet potato
Drew Petersen

Ballast Point is located in Long Beach, meaning it’s a little bit of a trek but it is SO worth it. Beer? Amazing. Food? Amazing. View? Amazing. This is a seriously awesome spot to grab some beers with friends. The building itself is beautiful and, if you get there at a good time, you can catch an unreal sunset over the water. Five stars, no doubt. 

These bars will make for the ultimate build-your-own pub crawl, and no matter where you end up, you're definitely in for a good time! Happy St. Patrick's Day!