The best week of the year has finally come, and it's even better than before. Spoon StFX and DEANS (Destination Eastern & Northumberland Shores) is proud to announce the Second Annual Antigonish Burger Week, in collaboration with the Antigonish Art Fair and the Town and County of Antigonish. 

From September 18th-24th, 21 restaurants in Antigonish will be featuring a brand new "Ultimate Student Burger". These burgers will only be available during Burger Week, so be sure to try as many as possible. This year, Antigonish Burger Week is even donating $1 from every burger to the Antigonish Food Bank and to the StFX Food Resource Centre. 

Just like last year, there will be punch cards available at the SUB info desk and at every restaurant participating in Burger Week. If you collect three stamps, you are entered to win a gift card, and if you collect 7 stamps you are entered to win a one-night stay for two at Liscombe Lodge.

The following is a guide to some of the restaurants participating in Burger Week this year and the burgers they'll be making:

The Waffle Bus Stop

pizza, tea, beer, coffee
Devon McCarron

This classic student hangout on St. Ninians Street is getting on board with Antigonish Burger Week this year with The Big Bus Burger: signature Liège waffle with a local pork and beef house-seasoned patty, aged cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, bacon, red onion, tomato, and spinach, all topped with a roasted cherry tomato balsamic aioli. 

Dream Catchers

This restaurant, already known for their creative combos, is participating in Antigonish Burger Week for the 2nd time with an Indian Butter Chicken Burger: half pound local organic ground beef patty topped with house-made butter chicken, onion rings, loads of marble cheese, and chives, all served on a homemade burger bun and spread. Onion rings in a burger? Yes, please.

Justamere Cafe & Bistro

This spot, right between the well known NSLC and the mall, is also joining Antigonish Burger Week for the second time. Enjoy their featured Spanish Burger over a lovely atmosphere: a signature beef patty topped with ham, red pepper, goat cheese, grilled onions and strawberry aioli, served with choice of soup, salad or fries. 

Pachamama

tea, beer, espresso, coffee
Devon McCarron

Pachamama is once again offering the only fully vegan and gluten-free burger for Burger Week. Though the location specializes in teas and coffee, their feature burger is a spicy black bean patty topped with fresh guacamole, caramelized onions, and salsa. This option sold out mid-week last year, so be sure to get there fast.

#SpoonTip: ask the other participating restaurants that have veggie burgers on their regular menu to sub in a veggie patty to their featured burger to get the full Burger Week experience.

Pannizza

This new but popular spot on Main Street is also joining us for Burger Week with The Steak Out. This featured burger includes spicy Pannizza sauce, Philly steak, red onions, Roma tomatoes, dill pickles, chopped bacon, mozzarella, and fresh iceberg lettuce on either a white or whole wheat bun.

Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza, located right behind the NSLC, is ready for their first ever Antigonish Burger Week. They're joining this event with their Kick'n Memphis Chicken Burger: buttermilk-breaded chicken breast in Memphis hot sauce, served on a brioche bun and topped with fried jalepenos, cheddar cheese, bacon, ranch dressing, lettuce, and tomato.

The Townhouse

coffee, pizza, beer, tea, cake
Devon McCarron

Enjoy a burger with some drinks at the well-known pub off Main Street. The Townhouse is ready for their second round of Burger Week with a local grass fed beef patty, local organic cheddar cheese, grilled onions, tomato, and house-made spicy dill pickles.

Michele's Grill

Michele's Grill is one of the few food trucks in Antigonish, and their classic East Coast comfort food has got raving reviews. Be sure to stop by 42 James Street (right across the street from Needs) to try their feature Donair Burger: a homemade patty mixed with onions and tony’s donair meat, topped with fresh tomato, lettuce, and homemade donair sauce on a homemade bun.

Maritime Inn

chicken, sweet, potato, sweet potato
Emma Weir

This location, a must-try brunch spot on Main Street, is serving up a BLT Burger: Classic BLT fixins, lobster, house-made tomato jam, and a 6 oz burger patty all served on a sesame Kaiser bun. You won't want to miss this creative combo.

TheInn

You can enjoy Antigonish Burger Week from the comfort of campus at this location. The Inn has created a meat-lovers combo: a beef patty stacked with BBQ pulled pork, candied bacon, onion rings, and chipotle mayo served on a sesame seed bun. Wing Night just reached a whole new level. 

#SpoonTip: you can use DCB at this location.

Piper's Pub

sandwich, bun, coleslaw, slaw, pork
Emma Weir

Piper's Pub is more than just a great place to dance. Piper's has great food and is joining Antigonish Burger Week with an Asian BBQ Burger. This burger includes a local beef patty with Hoisin, chilli garlic sauce, ground ginger, red onion, and lime juice all cocooned in a brioche bun and smothered in chili garlic mayo and Hoisin ketchup and topped with Asian Slaw. 

A & W

This well-frequented location is joining Antigonish Burger Week with their Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger: 5oz beef patty with crisp lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and pickles, all on a seed bun with a mayo & mustard blend. 

#SpoonTip: This burger is available on A&W's regular menu all year round, so if you fall in love, you're covered.

McDonald's

hamburger bun, lettuce, cheese, beef, french fries, ketchup, sandwich, bread, bun, hamburger
Alex Frank

McDonald's in Antigonish is perfect for midnight eats and morning coffee. Instead of creating an "Ultimate Student Burger" for the week, McDonald's has is featuring a different burger from their menu for each day of Burger Week. Be sure to stop in their location on James Street to see which burger is featured on each day.

#SpoonTip: These burgers are available on McDonald's regular menu all year round.

Myer's Tea Room

This gem is located on Main Street and is a perfect spot to enjoy small town scenery over breakfast, lunch, or coffee. Myer's is joining Antigonish Burger Week with a Bacon Cheese Burger: beef patty, cheese, and bacon complete with lettuce, tomatoes, and maple bacon mayonnaise.

Don't worry, there are still more. You can find more featured Burger Week burgers all over town at each of the following locations: Mother Webb's, Little Christo'sFernando's GrillTall & Small CafeGabrieau's BistroBrownstone Cafe, and The Bloomfield Cafe: SUB (DCB available at this location).

Make sure you put your punch card with your contact information in the box located at the Info Desk in the SUB to be entered to win prizes. For more info about the Second Annual Antigonish Burger Week, checkout the Facebook event here.