Asian Food

Mai Thai

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Georgetown’s go-to for Thai. Great food at college student prices, what more could you want? Pro tip: their portions are pretty large, so ask for a to-go container for the leftovers to get two meals for the price of one.

Kintaro

georgetown

photo courtesy of Norry H. on Yelp

Affordable and fresh, Kintaro is perfect for your sushi and ramen fix. Popular items off the menu include the miso ramen and chirashi (sashimi over a bed of sushi rice).

Date Night

Il Canale

georgetown

photo courtesy of ilcanale.com

The ideal date spot. It has a relaxed yet lively vibe, and not too loud that you won’t be able to talk to your special someone while sharing a delicious, authentic thin crust pizza of love.

1789 Restaurant

georgetown

photo courtesy of 1789restaurant.com

A sophisticated location with a great ambiance. Although definitely more on the expensive side, this is place will show bae that you’re dedicated and in it for the long haul.

Coffee

Saxbys

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Perfect for when you want to get off campus but are too lazy to actually leave. Serving good quality drinks and that classic coffee shop atmosphere, it’s the ideal place to get a start on that paper you should have started a week ago.

Dolcezza

georgetown

photo courtesy of dolcezzagelato.com

If you like pretty coffee and unique ice cream flavors, or both, this is the place for you. A must try is the affogato – ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over on top. Either way, you’re guaranteed a photo worthy of your instagram.

Late Night

Quick Pita

georgetown

photo courtesy of quick-pita.com

There’s nothing like a warm, messy pita for a late night pick me up. Make sure to try the shawarma for a savory comfort or the baklava if you’re wanting some sweetness in your life.

Pro Tip: This joint is open until 1:45 on weeknights and until 3:30 on Friday and Saturday, #drunch.

Thunder Burger and Bar

georgetown

photo courtesy of thunderburger.com

Come hungry and ready for an adventure. Thunder is far from average, with burger names like Pig in a Cow Suit and Big Pimpin’. Open until 1:30 on weeknights and 2:30 on Friday and Saturday, Thunder Burger is the perfect to satisfy your late night cravings with pizzaz.

Food Truck

Swizzler

georgetown

Photo by Justin Schuble

The Hilltop’s beloved hot dog always arrives in style via its iconic blue truck and long lines of hungry Hoyas. With a burst of culinary genius, the minds behind the legends pair the tanginess of a pretzel bun, the juiciness of a hot dog, and the secrets of Swizzler sauzz into one groundbreaking food revelation.

Captain Cookie and the Milk Man

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

With a name like an irresistible Saturday cartoon strip, how could one not love this brand already? Don’t miss out on their gooey, chewy masterpiece of an ice cream sammie. There’s nothing quite like the combo of textures, flavors and happiness that result when warm cookies and sweet ice cream have a party in your mouth.

On a Budget

Wisey’s

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

This place is a Georgetown institution and rightfully so. While celebrated for its definitive Chicken Madness sandwich, Wisey’s offers healthy, customized options at prices your wallet will thank you for.

#Spoon tip: Try a tasty lunch of avo and egg on wheat for only $4.

Booeymonger

georgetown

Photo c/o Foursquare.com

Another neighborhood staple, Booey’s is to Georgetown what a friendly local diner is to suburbia. From its cozy perch along Prospect Avenue, stop in for fresh sandwiches, breakfast platters and comfort food that more than meets the sticker price.

On-the-Go

Dean & DeLuca

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

This wonderland of a grocery store offers gourmet meals and charming delicacies that you can bring anywhere, toted along in an iconic D&D white paper bag. The delightful chefs in top hats and aprons, along with the consistently tasty flavors and freshness of the food, make this high end deli worth the splurge.

Wisey’s

georgetown

Photo courtesy of dcwiseysrestaurant.com

What would a late-night Lau stress eat be without a plastic box containing a precious hot sandwich and bag of potato chips? Anywhere you go, your Hot Chicks and Chicken Madnesses can go with you.

Up and Coming

Chaia Tacos

georgetown

Photo c/o chaiadc.com

Praise the lord for this indescribable food fiesta! Chaia Tacos arrived on the GU Farmer’s Market last year with an unforgettable explosion of roasted veggies, secret sauces and authentic corn tortillas. Already, these lovely taco treats have won a permanent seat in our foodie hearts.

Curry and Pie

georgetown

Photo c/o curryandpie.com

Brand-spankin’ new this Fall, this place takes the best things we love about the GU Farmer’s Market (namely samosas and pizza) and offers it all in a never-before-seen fusion menu. If you’re feeling adventurous or in need of some spice in your life, try a curry pie pizza like you’ve never tasted with a side of mango lassi to top it off.

Brunch

Farmers Fishers Bakers

georgetown

Photo c/o of Xinwei Zeng

The quintessential Georgetown brunch spot, prepare to stuff yourself with their $30 all-you-can-eat brunch buffet. ‘Cause there’s no such thing as too many plates of french toast and thick-cut bacon.

Founding Farmers 

georgetown

Photo courtesy of Founding Farmers

Hope you’re ready to eat, because the portion sizes are insane. If you leave without ordering the chicken and waffles, you did it wrong.

Dorm Delivery

Domino’s

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Sometimes, midnight study sessions need stuffed cheesy bread. Domino’s can have it to you ASAP to get you fueled up and back on that grind.

Mai Thai

georgetown

Photo by Scott Harrington

When you’re craving pad thai but don’t want to leave bed, Mai Thai’s got you covered. Delicious thai food + minimal effort = best of both worlds.

Healthy

Sweetgreen

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Consider Sweetgreen to be salad on steroids. Their amazing toppings and dressings almost make you forget that you’re eating healthy, and seasonal specials keep the menu fresh. Plus, Sweetgreen was started by three former Georgetown students, so go Hoyas.

Dean & DeLuca

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

The endless selection of salads, sandwiches, produce and so much more is an amazing kind of overwhelming.

Girls’ Night Out

Los Cuates

georgetown

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Free chips, good margaritas and a fiesta atmosphere make Los Cuates perfect for a Friday night with friends.

El Centro

georgetown

Photo courtesy of thecorp.org

What’s better than guac, tacos and a long happy hour menu? Nothing. And if you want to move GNO to the a.m., Centro’s bottomless tequila brunch can’t be beat.   

Dessert

Thomas Sweet

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Thomas Sweet, also known as “T Sweet”, has an overwhelming array of ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt. Our Spoon Team voted it as the best dessert place in Georgetown, but if you don’t take our word for it, take Obama’s. That’s right, Obama took Malia and Sasha to T Sweet for Father’s Day.

Baked & Wired

georgetown

Photo by Justin Schuble

While Georgetown may be associated with another cupcake joint, Baked & Wired is where it’s at. They have both unique and classic cupcake flavors ranging from red velvet to unicorn (my personal favorite). Located near the canal, Baked & Wired also serves coffee, tea, cookies and granola. Get baked my friends.

Authentically D.C.

The Tombs

georgetown

Photo by Shinwei Zeng

Eating at Tombs might as well be a graduation requirement. But don’t worry, it’s a requirement you’re guaranteed to enjoy. Tombs has quintessential American cuisine, a history and an atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else. And for you underclassmen, plan on having your first legal brew at Tombs on your twenty-first.

Martin’s Tavern

georgetown

Photo Courtesy of Martin’s Tavern

Established in 1933, Martin’s Tavern has grown and flourished alongside D.C. herself. The Tavern is rich with history: John F. Kennedy proposed to Jackie in the “Proposal Booth.” JFK choose the Tavern for good reason, it offers classic American brunch, lunch and dinner with local seafood selections.

Not-so-Healthy

Wingo’s

georgetown

Courtesy of Paul Sableman

The name says it all: bomb buffalo wings. Plus, Wednesdays are half priced. Ten out of ten.

Good Stuff Eatery

Start your week with a well balanced meal. ?: @andbutso22 #goodstuffeatery

A photo posted by Good Stuff Eatery (@goodstuffeatery) on

A fast food restaurant with D.C. roots, Good Stuff Eatery has redefined fast food. For the west coasters who are missing In-n-Out and the east coasters who are sick of Shake Shack, Good Stuff is a solid alternative. They’re known for the classics that we all crave: hamburgers and milkshakes.

Pizza

Pizza Paradiso

georgetown

Photo by Xinwei Zeng

Located centrally on M Street, Pizza Paradiso is an ideal place to take a break from errands, relax and enjoy a satisfyingly cheesy pizza.

&Pizza

georgetown

Photo Courtesy of Spoon University

&Pizza is farther from Georgetown’s campus but it’s definitely worth the travel. Aside from a delicious pizza, you’re likely to break your like record on your food Instagram.