Only three and a half months old, Smush is an ice cream lover’s paradise. Sharing its space with a pizzeria on Union Square East between 16th and 17th street, Smush is a sleek silver stand that is a must-try for anyone who loves ice cream sandwiches.

Smush

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

Like a deli, these sandwiches come with two slices of bread, cheese, spread or dressing, and an essential main ingredient, but with a twist – most, if not all, of your sandwich, will be comprised of sweets. Be sure to grab some napkins before you dig in because you can be guaranteed that it will be messy, but that’s part of the fun. The sandwiches look small but are extremely filling because of all of the ingredients inside.

Smush

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

The French Chip, a must-have for anyone with an insane sweet-tooth, is comprised of a pair of French toast cookies, marshmallow spread, peanut butter spread, crushed Kettle chips, milk chocolate fudge, and most importantly, a thick layer  of vanilla ice cream.

Smush

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

For chocolate lovers, the Chocolate Covered Struben is a good choice. It consists of chocolate chip cookies, Nutella spread, sliced strawberries, milk chocolate, and vanilla ice cream.

Aside from the six menu offerings, Smush also allows customers to customize their own sandwiches to satisfy any kind of sweet tooth.

Smush

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

cheap

Location: 44 Union Sq East (bet 16th and 17th)
Hours of Operation: Mon-Wed: 1pm to 9pm, Thu: 1pm to 10pm, Fri-Sat: 1pm- to 2am, Sun: 1pm to 9pm