It's tough to go to university in Kingston when there are so many restaurants trying to tempt you while on a student budget (AKA broke). Sometimes, it can feel like you spend most of your money on food, and you probably aren't wrong.

Thankfully, Score Pizza understands what it's like to want cheap, delicious food. Not only are their pizzas incredible, but they all cost less than $15 dollars and students get 10% off on Sundays. Yeah, you heard me right—you can get an entire pizza for 10% off just by showing your student card.

Still not convinced? We went to Score Pizza ourselves to see what all the hype was about.

Atmosphere

cake, chocolate, wine
Bonnie Wang

The restaurant has a great atmosphere, with soft lighting and a brick backdrop. It really feels like a pizzeria, especially when you see the wood oven burning steadily at the back of the restaurant.

Even though it was busy, it didn't feel too cramped to move around or find seating. Plus, with the smells of pizza dough, basil, and tomato sauce enveloping you, it's impossible not to feel comforted.

How It Works

pizza
Bonnie Wang

If you've ever been to Subway, ordering pizza from Score should be a breeze. You line up along the counter, where the incredibly nice servers walk you through every step of making your pizza.

If you choose to build your own pie, you get to pick your sauce, cheese, meat, and toppings, then watch them get added to the crust right in front of you. Even if you choose one of their amazing signature pizzas, the server will still ask you before putting on each ingredient so you know exactly what goes into the process.

After that, the pizza is baked in their giant pizza oven and the finishing touches are added. Finally, your delicious pizza is handed to you.

The Food

pizza, mozzarella, cheese, tomato, dough, sauce, crust, pepperoni, basil, salami
Bonnie Wang

We decided to get two pizzas, a simple one and a fancy one. For our simple dish, we ordered a Margherita pizza, which had red sauce, bocconcini cheese, fresh basil, and a generous drizzle of olive oil.

Even though the Margherita was simple, it tasted exactly like pizza should. The tomato sauce was perfectly acidic, which really complemented the olive oil. The basil on top tasted really fresh, too. As someone who usually orders cheese pizza, this was right up my alley.

cheese, pizza, vegetable, meat, sauce, tomato, chicken
Bonnie Wang

Next, we tried another signature pizza called the Great White North. The server said that this was one of their most popular dishes, so we were super excited to try it. This pizza had garlic cream sauce, asiago and mozzarella cheeses, Italian sausage, mushrooms, arugula, crushed garlic, and caramelized onions.

The pizza literally tasted like a bowl of creamy pasta—I'm not kidding. Even though there were a lot of ingredients, the pizza didn't feel overwhelming. It was perfectly rich, thanks to the cream sauce, and the sausage added a great hint of spiciness. The garlicky taste of the pizza didn't overpower the other flavours, and the strong breath I had after leaving the restaurant was totally worth it. I definitely understand why this is one of Score's top dishes.

Final Thoughts

Even though we got these pizzas free of charge, I'll definitely be coming back to Score Pizza with my wallet the next time I need a pizza fix. The atmosphere is incredibly welcoming, and the food is really tasty.

If you're a hungry, broke university student who loves discounts and pizza, Score Pizza is the place to be on a Sunday afternoon. For 10% off, how could you say no?