If you’ve ever driven down Atwater (the street parallel to 3rd that is the counterpart to it’s one way), you’ve probably seen a big blue and yellow sign with a woman’s face on it for Inga’s Popcorn. This unassuming house is home to freshly-popped popcorn that will satisfy anyone’s cravings. Perfect for gifts or just to buy for yourself, customers can pop in the store or order online (graduates where you at?).

Popcorn

Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

Inga’s of course offers delicious classics like caramel, white cheddar, cheddar cheese and a sweet and cheesy mix for all you Garrett’s Chicago mix fans. Then there are seasonal indulgences like pumpkin pie spice, peanut butter crunch (caramel popcorn with dark chocolate and peanut butter drizzles) and snowstorm (caramel popcorn with white and dark chocolate drizzles). For those looking for something even sweeter, they offer birthday cake popcorn with icing!

Popcorn

Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

The quality of the popcorn is undeniable, it is freshly popped in store and Inga is committed to offering the highest quality and freshest ingredients. Only a few years old, the Bloomington location is Inga’s second location. She started at the farmers market selling popcorn in 2011 and turned that success into a location in Zionsville and then Bloomington. You can also get her popcorn at IU football games, because popcorn is the perfect game-day snack.

Popcorn

Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

For student’s looking for a deal (we all are right??) if you sign up for Inga’s newsletter you get a discount on your first purchase and you also get to stay up-to-date on deals and new flavors. Like how the caramel popcorn with dark chocolate will be in stores soon.

If popcorn isn’t your thing then I would encourage you to buy some B. Happy Peanut Butter that is sold at the store. A little on the pricy side but totally worth it, this peanut butter is anything but ordinary. They have peanut butter with add-ins like white chocolate with pretzels, or milk chocolate with toffee and rice crispies, or flaxseed, raisins, chocolate chips, and peanuts among others.

Next time you’re driving down Atwater and see Inga’s smiling face, stop in and at least sample some flavors of popcorn. Then you can decide how much you’re gonna want to buy (5 gallon bag anyone?).