When you need your Mexican fix, there’s always places like Chipotle and Moe’s. And I’m not knocking either place- I could eat there all the time- but sometimes, you just need some good hearty Mexican dishes that fast food places just don’t have. So, read this list to figure out where to get your next amazingly rich and filling Mexican meal.

1. El Mexicano

Mexican

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

El Mexicano’s authentic Mexican food will 110% satisfy your cravings. The menu offers everything you could think of- tacos, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, tamales, flautas- I could go on. When I went out to eat here with my friends the other night, we were given complimentary little quesadillas with our chips and salsa, and then later free tequila shots and sweet chimichangas for dessert. So, if you want to feel spoiled and also eat your weight in Mexican food, this is certainly the place for you.

2. Leon’s Mexican Restaurant

Mexican

Courtesy of facebook.com

This family-owned restaurant is off the beaten path but is seriously amazing. Their food always tastes fresh and delicious. They have many variations of dishes, such as their quesadilla: you can get it with chicken, shrimp, steak, or vegetarian. You can never go wrong at Leon’s.

3. Cantina

Mexican

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Cantina is another awesome Mexican restaurant to try out, though it is a nicer and thus more expensive restaurant than the other options in town (making it a great place to go with your parents). Their menu offers some great items like the vegetarian burrito with grilled tofu, or the Drunken Shrimp (shrimp sautéed with tequila and tomatoes, onions, and chipotle peppers, with tortillas, rice and beans). They also feature an extensive drink menu.

4. Esperanto’s

Mexican

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

I’ve included Esperanto’s because even though it is not solely a Mexican restaurant, they offer Mexican options like burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas and tacos. They also deliver and take Skid cards.