As the weather is (finally) starting to get warmer, it is IMPERATIVE that your ice cream game is on lock. Luckily, there are lots of great places to check out around the Saratoga area. Read this list below to make sure you’ve been hitting up all the right places.

1. Farmer’s Daughter

ice cream

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

This little ice cream place serves up delicious, farm fresh ice cream. Their soft serve seriously tastes like it came straight from the farm to the ice cream store. It’s smooth and creamy and everything you want ice cream to be. They also have ice cream floats, ice cream cakes, and shakes. If you’re looking for some high quality, freshly made ice cream, this is a must!

2. Dairy Haus

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

I just tried Dairy Haus for the first time a few days ago, after hearing about it for years. It definitely lived up to its expectations! Like Farmer’s Daughter, it tastes much more fresh than most other places. Their soft serve is super creamy, but their hard flavors are terrific as well. Basically, you can’t go wrong with homemade. And I have yet to try this, but I’ve heard rave reviews about their black raspberry/lemon custard swirl.

3. Ben and Jerry’s

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

Ben and Jerry’s is an obvious go-to, but that doesn’t make it any less delicious. It’s right downtown, making it an easy spot to get something to satisfy your sugar craving. I am always a big fan of their chocolate fudge brownie flavor or the chocolate peanut buttery swirl. But they have so many flavors that you really can’t go wrong. Whatever mood you’re in, whatever taste you may be craving, you can be sure that Ben and Jerry’s has it for you.

4. Plum Dandy

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

Another more obvious choice but no less appealing is Plum Dandy, especially if you’re looking for something slightly healthier. They rotate their flavors while keeping the basics, so you can always make new creations no matter how many times you go. I personally love their cake batter and peanut butter flavors. And of course, Plum Dandy has so many toppings to choose from. Go the healthier route with their fruit selection, or indulge with their sugary and sweet options. Either way, you won’t be disappointed.

5. Kilwins

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

Kilwins is another awesome place to check out. In addition to their fudge, chocolates, truffles, caramels, taffy, caramel apples and more, their ice cream is awesome. Their use of high quality ingredients guarantees that you’ll have a great dessert experience no matter what you order.