Sable is a contemporary American gastropub located in Chicago’s river north neighborhood. With refined decor, an extensive cocktail list and innovative dishes that can be served in half portions for the entire table to share, Sable is a prime Chicago restaurant for foodies of all ages. Sable is also conveniently located right off of the Red Line “Grand” station.

The Atmosphere

Photo by Megan Tang

Sable’s decor is very modern and lavish, while simultaneously emitting a classical vibe. There are some booths located directly in front of the kitchen where customers can easily watch their dishes being made. Waiters offer extensive knowledge of the menu and quick, attentive service. Added bonus: the food never takes long to arrive.

The Food

Photo by Megan Tang

1. Chicken Confit Poutine: This is the ultimate comfort food! Sweet potato fries are smothered in a chicken gravy, complemented by some melting Wisconsin cheese curds, roasted shallot butter and a garnish of fresh herbs. If it’s -20°F outside (with a real feel of -50°F) and you want something to lift your spirits, this is the dish to get.

Photo by Megan Tang

2. Q7 Truffle Butter Burgers: If there’s any way to make a burger, make it with truffle butter. Caramelized onions and taleggio cheese ooze out of the perfectly flavored truffle butter mini burgers. These babies are sure to make your taste buds run wild.

Photo by Megan Tang

3. Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Waffles: Breakfast for dinner? Yes please! Crispy fried chicken sit atop mini waffles and are all drenched in bourbon maple syrup. My only complaint about this dish is the waffles became soggy due to the generous amount of maple syrup. Other than that, the flavors are all there.

Photo by Megan Tang

4. Roasted Sweet Corn Creme Brulee: Eating this dish straight with a spoon was one of the most satisfying moments of my dinner. A perfectly torched creme brulee allowed for a crispy, sweet and beautifully caramelized topping. Hidden beneath this layer of greatness was smooth creme with roasted corn kernels dispersed throughout. The corn makes this delectable dish healthy, right?

Photo by Megan Tang

GO!

I have been to Sable twice and highly recommend it to anyone who wants some seriously good comfort food. Grab a large group of friends and share dishes from the Hors D’Oeuvres, Between bread, fish, farm & garden, meat and brick oven flatbreads sections; your taste buds won’t be disappointed.

average

Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday, 6:30 am – 10:30 am
Brunch: Saturday – Sunday, 8 am – 2 pm
Dinner: Sunday – Wednesday, 5 pm – 10 pm, Thursday, 5 pm – 11 pm, Friday – Saturday, 5 pm – 12 midnight
Bar: Monday – Friday, 3 pm – 2 am, Saturday, 11 am – 2 am, Sunday, 11 am – 12 midnight

Address:
505 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60654