It's fitting that Romeo's Coffee would replace the Shakespeare & Co, but be warned: this is definitely not your quaint Shakespearean-inspired cafe. Romeo's edgy ambiance and bold flavors are already cementing it as the hottest must-try spot on Telegraph with a reputation all its own.

cake, pizza, tea, beer, coffee

Its popularity can be attributed to its inspiring founder and owner, Dino Micheletti, who said he didn't like the culture surrounding coffee products. Put simply, he wants to take out the bitterness and put the love back in the product.

chocolate, mocha, cream, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee

To achieve this, Romeo's offers coffee with artfully blended roasts aimed at making that first sip something pleasant for all customers. Micheletti wants you to be able to get the flavor that usually comes as an aftertaste to the bitterness, first. You'll even get a "kiss" with your drink in the form of Hershey's chocolate.

cappuccino, milkshake, chocolate, sweet, ice, coffee, milk, cream

The shop doesn't just serve roasts, though. Its menu includes innovative espresso drinks called "Romeo's Love Potions" and other speciality drinks like the Glamorous Life, a fizzy, surprising, concoction that combines soda and brown sugar with espresso. There are even "Ice Cream Dreams," like the Girl Gone Bad, for those looking to combine espresso and your favorite dessert.

coffee, tea, cake

The atmosphere inside Romeo's is just as edgy as its menu items. The shop's striking black and red colors and graphic design artwork make it a far cry from a quaint cafe. It's clear, however, that "quaint and cute" wasn't the ambiance goal. Romeo's could also become a new favorite study spot for students with its spacious, abundant seating and cool Indie music.

kettle, beer, coffee, tea

Micheletti had one word for the enthusiastic response to the new shop: humbling. He said that within two days of the soft opening, the place was flooded with new customers just through word of mouth. After visiting for myself, it's not surprising: Romeo's offers something new while infusing its product with something age old: Shakespearean love. Check out this inspiring new shop and see the love for yourself. While you're at it, check out these cafes in Berkeley that are perfect for studying.