With graduation only a few short weeks away, there is a lot to celebrate and tons of food to be eaten while we all sit in a glass case of emotion.

So indulge in one of these delicious options because your parents are footing the bill, you just sat through a marathon grad ceremony, and because all of us deserve free food and booze before entering into the real world (insert shriek and single tear). Feast your eyes ladies and gents. Here is a list of local restaurants that are perfect for post-grad dinner parties with family and friends.

Bronx Alehouse

bronx

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

The Bronx Alehouse is a hidden gem right off Broadway with awesome bar food and endless options of craft beer that will get you feelin’ the feels. While you wait for your meal, enjoy constant refills of FREE popcorn. The menu is a meat lovers paradise so I definitely would not recommend it for the vegetarians out there but if you’re looking for a genuinely good burger, this is where you should go.

Jake’s Steakhouse

bronx

Photo courtesy of jakessteakhouse.com

Jake’s is that place that everyone knows about but everyone also forgets about and we’re not sure why because it’s amazing. Being a steakhouse, the steak is a must order however the sliders and clam chowder are a definite gotta eat as well. This place has quality food in an upscale environment that you don’t even have to drive over to.

Trattoria Zero Otto Nove

bronx

Photo by Alyssa Rosello

Fancy as f**k authentic Italian food to show the ‘rents you know what’s up. Located in the Little Italy of the Bronx, this place is definitely a can’t miss. There is not one thing on the menu that you can go wrong with. Whether you’re looking for pizza, pasta, seafood or meat, there is something for everyone. With the decor and Italian waiters, it even feels like you’re sitting in Italy!

Salvatores of Soho

bronx

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

If you attend MC and don’t know about this place yet, you’re doing it wrong and should forget about the rest and go here for your post graduation dinner. The menu is filled with classic Italian food like penne alla vodka, sausage and pepper, panini, and fried calamari. Don’t forget to bring your own bottle of wine because they won’t give you any but will help you pour it out. The restaurant is a little small but always worth the wait.

Beccofino

bronx

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

This restaurant may not be located on Arthur Avenue or in Little Italy with the other classic Italian restaurants but that doesn’t mean it’s not authentic. It’s much closer to campus and is just as good with a long menu and just as long of a wine list. The portions are large and I hear they have killer chicken parm which is always a crowd pleaser. The scenery is quaint with a ton of Christmas lights and low lighting which make a comfortable setting for you and your family to relax after a long ceremony.

Michaelangelo’s Little Italy

bronx

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

Another awesome Italian place, but you can never have too many of those. The stuffed mushrooms, pizza and lobster ravioli are some of the best of the best around and with a location by the Bronx Botanical Gardens and outdoor seating available, the atmosphere is on point. Wine will be constantly flowing and the huge portions ease your “what am I going to do with my life now” panic into a food coma.

Estrellita Poblana

bronx

Photo courtesty of EstrellitaPoblana.com

Unless you have a car on campus, most students don’t know about this restaurant because it’s not within walking distance. This is the perfect reason you should hit this place up when your parents come for graduation. A few of the best dishes you can order include the enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas and tres leches for dessert. If you’re looking for quality Mexican food this is the place to go with some of the best around.

Tin Marin

bronx

Photo courstesy of Yelp.com

This amazing Spanish restaurant is just like I said…amazing. It is the perfect spot to get tapas and small plates to share with your family and friends in addition to the pitcher of sangria you’ll be sipping’ on. The other delicious items in include the Caldo Gallego Soup, roasted potatoes and octopus. If you end up going later in the night there will be some live music to entertain you while you relax and eat.

El Malecon

bronx

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

This truly authentic Dominican food has the most bomb a** rotisserie chicken you will ever eat in your life.  There are locations in Yonkers and Washington Heights as well so if you get here and it’s crowded I’d suggest going to the other ones otherwise you will miss all the deliciousness this place has to offer.

The Original Crab Shanty Restaurant

bronx

Photo courtest of Yelp.com

A little bit of a longer drive then the other restaurants on the list but if you’re looking for a seafood feast, it’s definitely worth it. Everything on the menu is a home-run and the portions are huge. Located right on the water with an awesome view, Crab Shanty has all around good vibes.