Eating healthy can be hard. The internet and Instagram are full of mouthwatering and fattening creations. But this past weekend, on what was truly a perfect June night, I learned that eating vegan is not as hard as it may seem. Plant Food and Wine Venice hosted a summer wine soirée featuring Blue Danube wines, delectable small bites, and insightful wine-inspired conversation. And the best part – it was all vegan.

Plant Food and Wine

Photo by Samantha Dockser

The patio at Plant Food and Wine is magical and set the scene perfectly. Blue Danube’s wine night offered four Coratian wines, two white and two red. Each glass came with a mini wine lesson. For instance, I learned, despite popular belief, not all wine is vegan. Some use egg whites or even bull’s blood to clarify. But not at Plant Food + Wine because everything is all natural.

Plant Food and Wine

Photo by Samantha Dockser

And the small bites that accompanied the wine did not disappoint. A parade of vegan cheese and crackers came out of the kitchen all night long. My favorite was the quinoa cracker with vegan ricotta cheese. I swear, if I had’t known it wasn’t real cheese, I never would have guessed.

Plant Food and Wine

Photo by Samantha Dockser

If you missed this weekend’s wine night, fear not. It was part of Plant Food and Wine Venice’s ongoing wine-tasting program offered monthly. Be sure to check it out. Between the beautiful scenery and the amazing bites, it was enough to convince me to go vegan. The night ended with a glass of vegan Blue Danube dessert wine and a vegan cake and I was sold.

Plant Food and Wine

Photo by Samantha Dockser

So yes, it is true that it would be hard to live without bacon at next Sunday’s brunch, but if all vegan food tastes as delicious as Plant Food + Wine’s, it might be possible.

Plant Food and Wine

Photo by Samantha Dockser