Wednesdays have quickly become my favorite day at Duke, not only because of Wednesday Night Shooters, but because of the Wednesday night crepe truck. Every Wednesday around 5 pm the pink Parlez-Vous Crepes truck rolls up to West Campus bus stop, usually accompanied by a hungry horde of Duke students. But don’t let the extensive line discourage you — these crepes are well worth the wait. And the best part is, you can use food points! Savory crepes are generally $8 and sweet crepes are $5 with fresh fruit add-ons for $1.

crepes

Photo by Abby Farley

If you’re one of those people who’s perpetually stuck between choosing pancakes or crepes, this truck will change your mind in favor of crepes. Owner Jody Argote puts her own creative twist on traditional French crepes with a range of sweet and savory options featuring fresh and local ingredients. In addition to the classics, Argote offers made-to-order seasonal specials as well as dairy-free and gluten-free options.

crepes

Photo by Abby Farley

Here are three sweet and three savory crepes that you must try!

Sweet

Pumpkin and Chocolate

If you’re a pumpkin-lover then this seasonal special is the crepe for you. The delightful combination pairs pumpkin butter with shaved dark chocolate. The pumpkin brings its sweet and spicy tang, while the chocolate adds its own rich flavor to the party to create a wonderful, gooey blend.

Fluffernutter

Another one of my favorites is the Fluffernutter crepe, which features two of the best spreads in existence: peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Topped off with chocolate chips that melt into a swirly goodness, this crepe will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.

Nutella

You can’t go wrong with this classic. Add strawberries or bananas for an added treat.

Savory

La Napoléon

This crepe includes fresh basil pesto, shredded mozzarella, sliced Roma tomatoes and oven-roasted turkey breast – the perfect dinner on the run.

La Notre Dame

If you’re a fan of honey mustard, then you will love this crepe. Featuring grilled chicken, swiss cheese, caramelized onions and organic salad greens, this crepe is incredibly satisfying and has hints of sweet flavors from the mustard.

La Bonne Maman

This is the perfect crepe for vegetarians. “Le Bonne Maman,” which in French means “the good mother,” combines warm brie cheese, apple butter, thinly sliced granny Smith apples and organic salad greens.

crepes

Photo by Abby Farley

Whether you’re vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose intolerant, a pumpkin addict or a peanut butter lover, Parlez-Vous Crepes will have something for you!

If you can’t make it to the bus stop on Wednesday’s, don’t worry because Parlez-Vous Crepes caters to other locations in the area including UNC, Greensborro and Carrboro. To track their location and their specials, make sure to follow @parlezvouscrepe on Twitter!