It’s not that I can’t cook, compared to Boston’s college population I’m a good cook (okay, decent). The problem is that shopping and cooking is the antithesis to my laziness and I’m not ashamed that the delivery guy knows my name.

Pantry

Photo by E-Cards

Sure, grocery stores label aisles with categories but who wants to spend 20 minutes searching for Harissa? You could be indulging yourself on some perfectly spiced curry from the comfort of your couch.

Pantry

Photo by Boston Magazine

A place called Pantry is Boston’s version of Blue Apron, co-founded by BU graduate Amanda Mayo. An adorable storefront snuggled into Brookline’s Washington Square feels like home compared to the never-ending lines at Trader Joe’s.

Pantry

Photo by Lucy Meyers

Pre-packed portions of ingredients are placed right next to the required recipe. Choose from a selection of recipes on display like lemon chicken flatbread, gouda mac n cheese, or middle eastern shashuka. Simply fill your basket with portions meant for  2 or 4 people.

Pantry

Photo by Lucy Meyers

My friend and I went for Shashuka on our last trip there. The recipe sheet is like a cooking therapist calmly walking you through all the steps while avoiding fancy culinary terms.

Pantry

Photo by Pantry

The result was potentially one of the best dinners I’ve had. So, I’m giving a big shout out to Pantry for making cooking as a college student easy. As to why it’s better than delivery? The satisfaction is unreal.