A pint of ice cream is delicious year-round, but there’s nothing more satisfying than grabbing a cone on the streets of NYC on a warm summer night. As vegan and dairy-free diets have become increasingly popular, vegans no longer have to miss out on the quintessential summer treat. Skip the Ben and Jerry’s and swing by one of these stores to try out some of the best vegan ice cream in New York.

Alchemy Creamery

Alchemy serves their dairy-free, gluten-free, kosher and vegan creations at Governor’s Island during the summer. Not only do they have vegan ice cream made of hazelnut, almond, and coconut milk, but they also have vegan ice cream push pops in flavors like lemon-lime and chocolate coconut that’ll take you way back.

Chloe’s Fruit

Chloe’s is the healthiest of all these tasty vegan spots because their soft serve has only 3 ingredients: fruit, water, and a little bit of sugar. It can’t get more refreshing than that, especially when flavors include pineapple, blood orange, and raspberry. Like typical froyo places, Chloe’s offers a huge range of healthy-ish toppings like all-natural PB and granola. With a max of 90 calories for 3.5 ounces, I’ll take a bucket, for here and to-go.

Ice Cream House

This is the place to go for any dietary restriction, whether it’s dairy-free, kosher, or gluten-free. With shops in Boro Park, Flatbush, and Williamsburg, you can find vegan treats regardless of which part of NYC you’re in. As an added bonus, Ice Cream House’s ice cream cakes come in vegan varieties, too. Pick up an ice cream cake, because it’s someone’s birthday somewhere.

Popbar

The pop gelato bars at Popbar might be incredibly tempting, but the pop sorbet bars are a delicious vegan-friendly option. They definitely aren’t limited in the flavor department, with 14 options like kiwi, mango, apricot, and lemon. The white chocolate gelato bar doesn’t stand a chance against these refreshing treats.

Scoops and Plates 

Scoops and Plates should be your go-to spot for all things vegan and vegetarian. If you want a full meal, try out a vegan hot dog or slice of lasagna before digging into a scoop of grape nuts-flavored vegan ice cream. The shop itself is tiny, so grab your cone and wander around Prospect Park.

Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream

Van Leeuwen has been around since before the vegan diet craze took off with their truck in 2008. They now have shops in Manhattan and Brooklyn that serve 10 vegan flavors. The ingredients include cashew milk, organic coconut milk, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic cane sugar, pure cocoa butter and organic carob bean that’ll taste amazing and make you feel good too. Gimme the peanut butter chocolate chip one asap.

While you’re taking a bite of the Big Apple, take a bite out of a scoop of creamy, ice-cold vegan ice cream. You can thank me later for helping you to discover these non-dairy treats.