Café Caturra is located on the Corner between Fig Bistro and Mellow Mushroom, taking over the space that was formerly home to Toro’s Tacos.

The menu is dynamic, as it caters to the health lovers of the world as well as those who just want a good ol’ burger and fries.

corner

Photo by Emma Nosseir

After a three-month renovation, the restaurant’s open atmosphere draws in graduate students as well as undergraduates looking for a chic restaurant. The two-floor restaurant utilizes the space to appeal to an array of parties.

The downstairs has a low-key ambiance that offers a fully stocked bar and large tables, perfect for a good meal and great conversation. The upstairs is upbeat and cozy, featuring a lounge area surrounding a fireplace for casual hangouts and easy reading.

Here’s a play-by-play of my dinner:

Caprese Crostini

corner

Photo by Emma Nosseir

No matter what crostini you choose—the caprese, apple Brie or goat cheese crostini—you won’t be disappointed.

Any of these choices are the perfect start to your dinner and will leave you wishing you had just one more.

Seared Sea Scallops

corner

Photo by Emma Nosseir

This dish will make your mouth water just hearing about it. Four perfectly seasoned large sea scallops served over a bed of creamy, flavorful Parmesan basil orzo.

I think it’ll suffice to say that this entrée was by far my favorite of the night.

Trio of Mini Desserts

corner

Photo by Emma Nosseir

What meal is complete without dessert? For the indecisive sweet tooth or a group looking to share, this is the perfect solution.

These beautifully crafted sweets include a chocolate tort, a crème brûlée and key lime pie. The downfall? You won’t want to share after a spoonful.

corner

Photo by Emma Nosseir

Café Caturra will transition effortlessly into the UVa community and will be sure to impress you from your first bite onwards.

Interested in some more Charlottesville hot spots?