Misery Loves Company is a place I’ve always wanted to eat at, and when I finally did I knew I had to write about it.  Everything from the friendly staff to the delicious food, nothing was less than perfect.  If you want a little break from food in Burlington, this is a place you have to stop at.

Coffee Cake

Brunch

Photo By Cara Peterson

This was one of the nicest surprises I’ve ever had at a restaurant. Normally the only time you get free food at a restaurant is when they made a mistake or took too long to get your drink. The bartender dropped us off some coffee cake, with no catch and it was to die for.  I’m not normally a fan of walnuts in pastries, but this has a good amount of nuts that complimented the cinnamon.

Pain Perdu

Brunch

Photo by Cara Peterson

When we were thinking about ordering this, we were a little curious about what it was because the description was not too clear.  Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu, which I always love, because the last thing you want to do is order something you might be allergic to.  This is the perfect breakfast for a sweet tooth.  The waffle feels more like eating a pastry and the lemon sauce is the perfect combo.

Rough Francis

Brunch

Photo by Cara Peterson

Don’t let the size scare you, it may be a little on the large size, but you can totally fit it in your mouth.  This sandwich has a little more amp on your traditional buffalo chicken sandwich.  Perfect for Superbowl Sunday if I do say so myself.

Eggs Benedict

Brunch

Photo by Cara Peterson

Eggs Benny is my go to order at any breakfast place and I can’t help but hurt my Dad’s feelings by saying this was the best I’ve had.  This meal was the best eggs benny I’ve had at a restaurant.  Whenever I order it, the muffin is always more soggy than cereal left in milk for too long.  But this meal had the perfect amount of Hollandaise sauce and also the smoked ham was amazing.

Brunch

Photo courtesy of smcvt.edu

This article features Misery Loves Company Sunday’s Brunch, but they also open for lunch, dinner, and Happy Hour Tuesday- Saturday.