What to do at Milburn Orchards
Apple Blackberry Crisp
- Prep Time:25 mins
- Cook Time:50 mins
- Total Time:1 hr 15 mins
- 6 apples peeled and diced
- 2 ½ cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces plus more for coating the bottom the dish
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss diced apples and blackberries together with granulated sugar. In a small dish, dissolve the cornstarch in the lemon juice and add it to the fruit mixture. Lightly coat an 8-by-8 baking dish with butter and transfer mixture into baking dish and set aside.
To make the topping, mix the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter in another bowl. Use your fingertips to blend in the butter pieces until small clumps form and the butter is well incorporated, which should take about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the apples and blackberries. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the topping appears cripsy and the apples are tender.
With so many things to do, it's understandable why Trip Advisor voted Milburn Orchards the Number 1 Attraction in the area. If you check out their website, you can find more fun recipes to make with the delectable produce you bring home.