Ah, Miami. A place filled with beaches, boats, and booze. A place I call home. Summer time in Miami is one of the best times. It’s hot and humid, so you’re living on the beach and you’ve most likely gotten 6 shades darker than you usually are.

But, speaking from experience, Summer time in Miami can also be so incredibly boring at times. If you’re not tanning, wandering Wynwood, or hitting up da clubs, you’re most likely glued to your couch binge watching Orange is the New Black. While there’s nothing wrong with that (I’m guilty of it), take advantage of Miami’s incredible food scene and hit up some go-to spots. Time’s precious people, get to eating.

1. A.C’s Icees

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Tbt to my days at Ransom Everglades Middle School, where I joined the “walking club” just so I could buy some good ole A.C’s Icees, not to mention A.C is the man. A.C runs the icee truck and offers icees, hotdogs, snacks, drinks, and even apparel for purchase. I’m not gonna lie, I’d buy an A.C’s Icees t-shirt and rock it while I sip on my Pina Colada.

2. JugoFresh

miami

Photo courtesy of @jugofresh on Instagram

JugoFresh epitomizes Miami’s health-food craze that begun circa 2013. Fun fact, I actually worked at JugoFresh for almost a year, and I’m not one to brag, but I could make a bomb acai bowl.

But, JugoFresh doesn’t just offer bowls, they have an array of incredible cold-pressed juices, wellness shots (I’d be dead by now if it weren’t for their Saca Lo shot), and vegan/gluten-free snacks and meals offered. Plus, the owner of the business, Matthew Sherman, is one of the nicest people you could work under.

3. Gigi’s

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Whether you’re going for their incredible pork buns, their savory salads, their tasty brussel sprouts, or their daily mouth-watering dessert specials, you’re in for a treat. Seriously, I can’t think of a time I haven’t enjoyed my time at Gigi’s and I’ve probably been there 30 times in my 21 years.

4. Threefold Cafe

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

In a world where dating starts at a swipe, it only makes sense for basic food trends to still remain appealing, and Threefold’s avocado toast is just that, basic and delicious. Threefold Cafe will bring you in with it’s trendy vibes and savory eats. Plus, the owner is Australian so you’ll most likely find yourself swooning at his accent while you’re there too.

5. The Salty Donut

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

The line may wrap around the block, but every single minute waiting is worth it. Trust me, once you take a bite of one of their donuts, happy tears will start streaming down your face. And oh yeah, guess what? This Girl Scout inspired Samoa donut is gluten free AND vegan, so it’s like technically healthy, ya feel?

6. Coyo Taco

miami

Photo courtesy of @coyotaco on Instagram

I gotta admit, tacos have got to be my meal of choice, especially when they’re paired with margaritas. And, lucky for us, Coyo Taco has just that – tasty tacos and even tastier margaritas. Plus, Coyo Taco has a hidden, speakeasy type of bar in the back, where you can bust a move while drankin’ your margaritas.

7. GreenStreet Cafe

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

I would skip class my senior year of HS (sorry, Mom), so I could snag brunch at GreenStreet Cafe. It’s right in the heart of Coconut Grove and it has one of the best brunches ever. My personal favorite, are the cinnamon roll pancakes. I get full just looking at them.

8. Whip’n Dip

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

Words cannot describe my undying love for Whip n Dip. This family owned ice cream shop is just off Sunset and has the best ice cream in Miami. Bold statement, I know, but I speak the truth. And, they don’t just stop at ice cream, their cookie cups happen to be the greatest of all time.

9. Ms. Cheezious

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

With two locations, one in Coral Gables and one off Biscayne, Ms. Cheezious is a go-to spot. I mean, who doesn’t love grilled cheese?

10. Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

This hole in the wall bakeshop is located in the heart of Wynwood, where hipsters and trendsetters unite. It’s owned and operated by a former fireman whose dream was to own a bakery. And thankfully for us, he accomplished his dream and create the most insta and drool worthy pies.

11. Beehive Juice Bar

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Who knew healthy food could look so pretty and also taste amazing? This hole in the wall restaurant offers up some of the most delicious vegan food and freshly made juices and smoothies in Miami.

12. Bunnie Cakes

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

If someone had told me I would like vegan and gluten free cupcakes more than normal ones I would’ve called you insane, but Bunnie Cakes has proven me wrong. From the classic vanilla to the not-so-typical passion fruit cupcakes, this bakery never fails. It also doesn’t hurt that their cupcakes are all decorated nicely.

13. Big Pink

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Caution: do not enter unless ready for a filling and hearty meal. At Big Pink, you can be sure to never leave feeling hungry while having no regrets. The menu is so large you may find yourself having anxiety over what to choose, but don’t worry, from personal experience I’ve learned that no matter what you pick, you can never go wrong.

14. Rok Brgr

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Most people only come to Rok Brgr for their juicy and outrageous burgers, but also be sure to check out their Sunday brunch. Whoever thought of serving mac and cheese as a breakfast dish is an evil genius and I salute them for it.

15. Makoto

miami

Photo courtesy of @allieraijman on Instagram

If you check out Makoto on any social media page you’ll find endless photos of spicy tuna on top of sticky rice, and for good reason. Aside from the amazing Asian cuisine, the ambience is relaxing and romantic in the heart of Bal Harbour shops. Stop in for lunch or dinner and you won’t be disappointed.

16. Joe’s Stone Crab

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

The stone crabs of all stone crabs. Joe’s is a top spot to eat at when they are in season. Don’t eat seafood? You can still be blown away by their fried chicken and side dishes. Be prepared to wait a while since there are no reservations taken, but trust me, it’s worth the wait.

17. Barton G

miami

Photo courtesy of @bartongmia on Instagram

If you’re looking for a fun, entertaining dinner then Barton G. will definitely be your go-to. Think you’re just ordering a standard steak on a white plate? Wrong. You will be surprised in the best way at the presentation of each and every dish ordered.

18. Blue Collar

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

Nestled between the motels along Biscayne Blvd., you’ll find Blue Collar serving comfort food with a twist. Whether you’re in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, your tastebuds will be singing by the end of any meal here. Make sure not to leave without trying their chocolate cake (trust me).

19. Mojo Donuts

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

What’s better than donuts? Gourmet donuts topped and stuffed with all of your food dreams. You may or may not find yourself finishing an entire box before you even get home and I definitely don’t know that from personal experience or anything…

20. Icebox Cafe

miami

Photo courtesy of @theiceboxcafe on Instagram

There’s a reason why Oprah has named Icebox’s “chocolate bomb” cake a favorite of hers. And I mean, who would want to argue with Oprah? Go check it out for yourself and see.

21.Talavera Cocina Mexicana 

miami

Photo courtesy of @spideylikesburgers on Instagram

When those cravings for guacamole and chips hit, make sure to stop at Talavera in Coral Gables. Try out the pineapple jalapeno margarita while you’re at it, you won’t be sorry.

22. Swine

miami

Photo courtesy of @swinesouthern on Instagram

Come to Swine for a meat lovers paradise. Their burger has not one, but two patties and it’s also topped with some of the best bacon I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating. The sinner’s sundae is one not to be missed. You bet you’ll have to whip out your stretchy pants afterward.

23. Choices Cafe

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

When you need a break from all the fat and desserts you’ve been eating, Choices comes to the rescue with vegan and organic meals. You won’t even miss meat after eating here.

24. Naked Taco

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Everybody needs some tacos in their life, and Naked Taco is the place to get them. And let’s be real, nothing goes better with tacos than some margaritas. Naked Taco not only has great eats, but it’s also a hip and trendy ambience right by the water, so really there is nothing more you could want.

25. Mandolin Aegean Bistro

miami

Photo courtesy of @kgohhsnap on Instagram

Oh Mandolin, how I love you and wish a boy would take me on a date here (shameless self-promotion, but whatever). This little indoor/outdoor Greek restaurant sits in the heart of Midtown Miami and it’s romantic ambience will definitely get you in the mood…for food, of course.

26. The Daily Creative Food Co

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

The Daily Creative Co. is a great spot to hit up when you just can’t figure out what exactly you want to eat. Want a sandwich? They got plenty. French toast? That too. Salads? Yup, you name it and they have it, and not to mention, all the food is grade A quality. You really can’t go wrong.

27. Pincho Factory

miami

Photo courtesy of @thenaughtyfork on Instagram

I gotta admit, I am so incredibly sad it took me so long to get my lazy ass over to Pincho Factory. Once I stepped foot in Pincho, I never wanted to leave. The food here is so, so good your tummy will be thanking you. I suggest you go for the tostone burger, or one of the rice bowls – they’re dank.

28. Baoli

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

Grab your girlfriends on a Wednesday night and head out to Baoli’s “My Boyfriend is Out of Town,” where you can drink and dance until the sun comes up. Of course, if drinking isn’t your thing, you can sit and dine on their Mediterranean style dishes that are always a crowd pleaser.

29. Perricone’s

miami

Photo courtesy of @perricones on Instagram

Perricone’s is an Italian restaurant that resides in Mary Brickell Village, quaintly placed on the outskirts of the hustle and bustle of Downtown. This indoor/outdoor restaurant has a romantic vibe with it’s greenery and rope lighting that’s often accompanied by a live musical performance.

Make sure to head on over on Thursday’s for their $10 pasta specials.

30. Lokal

miami

Photo courtesy of @lokalcoconutgrove on Instagram

There’s honestly nothing like taking a bite into a big fat juicy burger. I mean, I understand and respect those who are vegetarian or vegans, but if they knew what they were missing at Lokal maybe they’d change their ways.

31. Pura Vida

miami

You may be deemed basic if you head over to Pura Vida for an acai bowl, but haters gonna hate, and acai bowls are still gonna thrive. They’re yummy, they’re “healthy,” they’re everything a basic betch loves.

32. Zak The Baker

miami

Photo courtesy of @zakthebaker on Instagram

I never knew gluten-free bread could taste so good until I took a bite of Zak The Baker’s incredible bread. Seriously, it’s delish.

33. Wynwood Kitchen & Bar

miami

Photo courtesy of @wkbmiami on Instagram

To this day, Wynwood Kitchen & Bar is one of my absolute favorite spots. It’s situated right in the heart of the ever-so-photographable Wynwood Walls, providing you with hella insta opportunities, while also filling you up with tapas inspired dishes. The guacamole is to die for. Seriously, the chips alone could make me cry of happiness.

34. Havana 1957

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

Cuban peeps unite. With locations in Brickell and South Beach, Habana 1957 is a great way to get your Cuban food fix. I’ve had my fair share of Cuban food in my day and lemme tell you, Habana 1957 is almost as good as it gets. I suggest you try the camarones al aljillo (garlic and oil shrimp for all you Gringos out there), they’re super savory and flavorful. And while you’re at it, pair it up with a traditional Cuban mojito.

35. Cibo Wine Bar

miami

The number of girl’s night out dinners that have taken place at Cibo Wine Bar is probably way higher than one would expect. This Italian cuisine is one for the books. Seriously, the menu is on point.

36. Michael’s Genuine

miami

Photo courtesy of @michaelsgenuine on Instagram

The Design District is home to various high end shops, but also to hip restaurants as well, and Michael’s Genuine is one not to be missed. Most of the dishes are meant to be shared, so be prepared to try as many dishes as you can.

37. Yardbird

miami

Photo courtesy of @ybsouthern on Instagram

Fried chicken, mac and cheese, biscuits, the list goes on for all the Southern comfort eats Yardbird serves up in a trendy setting on South Beach. They’re especially known for their weekend brunch that’ll make your tummy so happy you may even start to use the word “y’all”.

38. Juvia

miami

Photo courtesy of @jovana_realestate on Instagram

This rooftop restaurant overlooks all of Lincoln Road and serves up some of the best food I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating. It’s pretty pricey, so you might want to get your parents to treat you.

39. Il Gabianno

miami

Photo courtesy of @sdaccache on Instagram

Not only is the menu fire and the atmosphere amazing, but the waiters greet you with free served starters like zucchini chips and freshly scooped cheese. But, whatever you do, don’t miss out all their amazing pasta dishes and their savory garlic bread.

40. Visa 01

miami

It’s pizza, need I say more? Actually yeah, I’m not done. Star pizza topped with ricotta, and the crust is stuffed with cheese. That alone should have you hopping in the car right now to try out this drool-worthy dish.

41. Morgans

miami

Photo by Courtney Susskind

I once waited an hour in line to try Morgan’s weekend brunch and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. French toast doused in cinnamon butter and maple syrup, waffle and fried chicken sandwiches, and not to mention the melt-in-your mouth cookies will have you begging to come back.

42. Sweet Dogs

miami

Nothing beats a classic hotdog from a sports stadium, except maybe a dog that’s topped with a fried egg, plantains, and fried onions. Sweet Dogs offers a wide variety of hotdogs with most of them named after Miami sports teams. A big plus, is that they use nothing but fresh ingredients in their meat and toppings.

43. KYU

miami

Photo courtesy of @kyumiami on Instagram

When you want to treat yourself to a nice meal, hit up KYU in Wynwood for amazing Japanese food. The swanky vibe will lure you in and the steamed buns will have you never wanting to leave.

44. La Sandwicherie

miami

Photo by Becca Holstein

With a location in Brickell and South Beach, La Sandwicherie serves up some of the most satisfying sandwiches you will ever eat. Make sure to try the free vinaigrette on the tables, it’s a game charger.

45. The Local House

miami

Anywhere that has an everyday brunch automatically gets an A in my book. Until 5 pm everyday you can enjoy a plate of eggs benedict or banana pancakes inside the luxurious Sense Beach House Hotel. And while you’re there, make sure to try the exclusive burger special courtesy of @thenaughtyfork on Instagram.

46. KUSH

miami

Photo courtesy of @kushwynwood on Instagram

Being that it’s the sister restaurant to Lokal, one can already assume that their food is mouthwatering. This Wynwood burger joint makes me salivate just at the thought of one of their burgers. There’s a reason why one of them was rated the best in Miami.

47. Seaspice

miami

Photo courtesy of @monicabair on Instagram

From its on the water vibes, and amazing happy hour prices, to the dank gourmet pizzas, Seaspice won’t disappoint. Get your boyfriend, girlfriend, dog, cat, mom, dad, or your homeless friend on the streets, sit down and relax while you grub your little heart out.

48. The Rusty Pelican

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

When the weather is nice in Miami (but who are we kidding, it’s always nice here) nothing is better than dining outside on the water. The Rusty Pelican kicks it up a notch by having some of the best views of the Miami skyline.

49. Prime 112/Prime Italian/Prime Fish

miami

Photo by Katie Cruz

If there’s one place you definitely need to eat at in Miami, it’s the essential Prime restaurants. Don’t feel bad ordering all of the side dishes, they’re all worth the price (calorie and money wise). You also never know what celebrity you might run into at these stylish eateries (cough, cough the Kardashians).

50. Versaille’s

miami

Photo courtesy of @loloharell on Instagram

Versailles is my holy ground. It’s the food of my people. I say this, but really I’m probably the whitest Cuban gal in all the land. But hey, that doesn’t stop me from indulging in all the delicious Cuban cuisine. Versailles is the epitome of what people see as Miami cuisine. Stop in for authentic Cuban sandwiches, tostones, arroz y frijoles, and of course, cuban coffee.